Dynamic profile/registration forms ala CBSubs tab

7 years 11 months ago #281323 by fdinkler
Guys -
I'm finally getting ready to go live with a major overhaul that includes CBSubs.

The dynamic show/hide of dependent plans on the profile form is very cool. I assume you did this at the plug-in/module level, and not using your CB COTS plugins.

Suggestions on how to do this same dynamic show/hide on my CB profile tabs?

Thanks, and keep up the great work...

Fred

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281335 by krileon
The workflows parameter to hide fields only applies to registration. You can protect tabs and fields after registration using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago #281391 by fdinkler
Kyle - thanks.
One note, that, when Ajax is enabled for a field for which another field is dependent, the dependent field remains static after editing the first field.

So, the rule is that, for any fields for which other fields are show/hide dependent, don't enable Ajax editing, but rely on the form submit edit process.

Case closed...
Fred

7 years 11 months ago #281393 by krileon
That's working as intended. You can't condition ajax fields. They're not aware of each other. For example if a field is hidden it's not output to the profile view at all. Meaning it's impossible to toggle its display since it doesn't exist. Eventually this maybe supported at some point by making CB Conditional aware of ajax fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fdinkler

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn