[#5982] Installation failure of CB Core

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281794 by wbuk
We are in the process of building a new web site using Joomla 3.5.1, PHP 7. We have had no issues with any of our other sites.

The error message is:-

Database driver 'pdomysql' is not supported. Please use MySQL instead.

We have no power over the installation of drivers as its a shared server we rent. But we have never had an issue before. Does the latest CB release not have support for this driver but previous versions did?

Any idea?

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281828 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Installation failure of CB Core
Please see the below similar topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/233246-solved-updating-to-cb-2014-database-driver-pdomysql-is-not-supported#279754

You can check the "Database Type" setting within Joomla global configuration under the server tab. CB does not output that error anywhere in its code, but likely something it's loading is doing so (e.g. Kunena does output that).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281905 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic Installation failure of CB Core
Hi,

I have checked we don't have Kunena installed on that installation.

The database type is:- MySQL(PDO)

Other types to select from are:- MySQLi or PostgreSQL

Its a clean install with the exception of the following:-
Event Bookings
Akeeba Backup
AcyMailing

Web Buster UK Ltd

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281929 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Installation failure of CB Core

wbuk wrote: Hi,

I have checked we don't have Kunena installed on that installation.

The database type is:- MySQL(PDO)

Other types to select from are:- MySQLi or PostgreSQL

Its a clean install with the exception of the following:-
Event Bookings
Akeeba Backup
AcyMailing

MySQLi should work fine and is the standard way. Backup first before changing the setting, just in case.

Joomla itself has some issues with PDO, and it is not recommended connector for Joomla.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 11 months ago #281931 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Installation failure of CB Core
Ok, looks like I was mistaken. The error does exist in CBs main package installer file. Have created a bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5982

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago #281933 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Installation failure of CB Core

krileon wrote: Ok, looks like I was mistaken. The error does exist in CBs main package installer file. Have created a bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5982

Indeed there mysqlpdo database connector was missing in the list of supported mysql database connectors in CB.

This is now fixed for next CB nightly release.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: wbuk

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn