[SOLVED] Rating field stars duplicated on display.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281898 by syoung
We are seeing very odd behavior with the rating field. We provide three fields for members to self-rate their proficiency. When the field is displayed at registration and on the profile it displays 10 stars instead of 5. When you mark the first start it marks stars 1 and 6.

We have tried changing display style, number of stars etc. and it always duplicates the number of stars requested.

What is causing this?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281928 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Rating field stars duplicated on display.
Seams to be displaying and working perfectly fine in my tests. Disable non-core CB plugins 1 by 1 within CB > Plugin Management to see if another plugin could be conflicting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago #281952 by syoung
Replied by syoung on topic Rating field stars duplicated on display.
We disabled all the non-core plug-ins and still have the same problem. I have attached the listing of plug-ins we are using. This is a very basic install of CB.

Let me know if you need access and I will PM it to you.

Thanks,
SCott
Attachments:

7 years 11 months ago #281955 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. Am unable to duplicate on a clean install. Seams isolated to your install for some reason.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago #282035 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. Your Joomla template is bugged. It's outputting all headers twice, which causes jQuery bindings to fire twice. Press F12 to open your browsers developer console. Next review the HTML structure and expand <head> to see all your headers duplicated. Please contact your template developer immediately to be fixed as it's a pretty serious issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

7 years 11 months ago #282051 by syoung
Replied by syoung on topic Rating field stars duplicated on display.
Good catch. One of our developers made some override changes to the master layout file in the template and inadvertently duplicated the call to write the header block. Removing that solved a number of odd behavior issues on the site. :P

The rating field is working as we would expect now.

Thank you for the "fresh eyes" review.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn