[#2715] Billing Invoice Province/State dropdown empty

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282296 by stuntlist
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade a Joomla 3.4.8 site that had CB 1.9.1 and CB Subs 3.0 to a Joomla 3.5.1 site with CB 2.0.14 and CB Subs 4.0.1.

I have a CB field called cb_province and it is of type dropdown single select. In it their is an option for each of the Canadian provinces. This field doesn't show on the registration form, as it isn't needed.

In CB Subs > Settings > Display > Invoices > Customer invoicing address the State field is set to cb_province.

But when a user tries to update their billing address, the Province/State field shows a dropdown field, but it is empty.

How do I get the billing address to use the province dropdown from CB fields?

If you go into the Billing Address a second time (after doing a Save to get out, even though you didn't change anything), then the province dropdown works, but not the first time you try to edit your billing address. So you have to do a Save on the billing address page before the dropdown will show the provinces in the list.

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #282303 by nant

7 years 10 months ago #282374 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Billing Invoice Province/State dropdown empty
There's a known bug that on initial display the jQuery that populations the Province/State dropdown does not execute. Original topic discovering this bug as follows.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/172714-2715-how-do-i-restore-country-a-state-fields?limitstart=0

Have added this topic to the internal bug ticket as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #282398 by stuntlist
Replied by stuntlist on topic Billing Invoice Province/State dropdown empty
Hi Kyle,

Thank you for adding it to the bug list.

Do have CB Subs 4.1.0, typo of 4.0.1, transposed the numbers.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn