[SOLVED] custom profile fields to activity

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #282472 by michaelgreen252
[SOLVED] custom profile fields to activity was created by michaelgreen252
hello, im trying so set specific fields to push to activity stream instead of all of them. I see that i can enable the profile - update log in the system actions and also i see that i can add substitutions to the message field in the action tab within the update - profile parameter. but how do i set this specific auto action to fire only when my custom field (for example...[cb_wishes] is updated? I would like to have several fields show up on the activity feed with their own message. thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #282477 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic custom profile fields to activity
Act on the after profile update trigger then compare var1 and var3 fields in a condition to see if the field changed. You'd then just use an activity action to log activity. Example initial configuration as follows.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserUpdate
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var1_FIELD_NAME] Is Not Empty
2: [var1_FIELD_NAME] Not Equal To [var3_FIELD_NAME]

See "Profile - Avatar" and "Profile - Canvas" System Actions for further examples.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago #282481 by michaelgreen252
Replied by michaelgreen252 on topic custom profile fields to activity
hey thanks for the fast reply..im not sure if im overlooking something but nothing is being triggered..heres my steps in case you can point something out..im trying to show a field ex: cb_wishes...

triggers: onAfterUserUpdate
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions(ive tried 3 different ways becuase i wasent exactly clear on instructions)
[var1_cb_wishes] is not empty
[var1_cb_wishes] is not equal to [var3_cb_wishes]

[confirmed] equal to 1
[approved] equal to 1
[var1_cb_wishes] is not empty
[var1_cb_wishes] is not equal to [var3_cb_wishes]

3..[var1_cb_wishes] is not empty
[var1_cb_wishes] is not equal to [var3_cb_about] (was in case i needed another active field to compare it to)

...These settings do not push any content into my activity feed...they were being pushed when i saved system activity/update- profile without any changes to config other than adding substitutions to message but i could not limit the feed to a single field...am i missing something.thanks again

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #282483 by michaelgreen252
Hey I think i figured out why it wasnt posting..i in my trouble shooting i entered the fields id # in the action tab/item field..when i removed it it was working perfectly....i refreshed the page and saw my field in the activity stream...then i tested to make sure other fields would not show up in the activity and entered some text and updated and now im getting this error message..

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 27264611 bytes) in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>xxxxxxxx/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php on line 2050

any idea what this means...i am no where near my bandwidth or disk space usage.

first finding...its only effecting my super user and not my registered user..ill keep trouble shooting until i hear something thanks

second finding....its still occurring when i disable all cb plugins except core plugins. as you had advised someone with a similar post

third finding...every single third party component/plugin/module is unpublished except for cb and its core plugins...

fourth finding...cant update super user on the back end either

from here i will await your instructions...and this site has only used up less than 5% diskspace and about 3% bandwidth. its a fresh website..with almost no extensions installed except for cb...it has about 5 users for testing with almost no content on it. hope to hear from you soon and thanks

7 years 11 months ago #282504 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic custom profile fields to activity
Where are you hitting the memory limit? During profile update or on your stream? With so little installed you shouldn't be hitting 256mb so easily. Does unpublishing CB Auto Actions or CB Activity get rid of the memory error?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago #282518 by michaelgreen252
Hey thanks for getting back to me. So i discovered what was causing my issue. Somehow after i saved after updating a custom field with the auto action on and also as a super user....it unpublished my contact tab which had my username ect. For some reason i was getting that error until i discovered that tab unpublished and republished it and immediately the error was gone. Thank for being available

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn