database structure

7 years 10 months ago #282767 by degierd
database structure was created by degierd
Just wanted to know if these messages could be harm full because everything seems to be working OK.

Table #__comprofiler Column avatar type is mediumtext instead of text
Table #__comprofiler Column bannedreason type is longtext instead of mediumtext
Table #__comprofiler_fields Column tablecolumns type is mediumtext instead of text
Table #__comprofiler_fields Column description type is longtext instead of mediumtext
Table #__comprofiler_fields Column default type is longtext instead of mediumtext
Table #__comprofiler_fields Column params type is longtext instead of mediumtext
Table #__comprofiler_lists Column description type is longtext instead of mediumtext
Table #__comprofiler_lists Column params type is longtext instead of mediumtext
Table #__comprofiler_members Column reason type is longtext instead of mediumtext
Table #__comprofiler_members Column type type is longtext instead of mediumtext
Table #__comprofiler_plugin Column params type is mediumtext instead of text
Table #__comprofiler_tabs Column description type is mediumtext instead of text
Table #__comprofiler_tabs Column params type is longtext instead of mediumtext
Table #__comprofiler_userreports Column reportexplaination type is mediumtext instead of text
Table #__comprofiler_sessions Column session_data type is longtext instead of mediumtext

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #282784 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic database structure
You've database columns with the wrong database type. There should be a fix link to correct them. The database is optimized for the types it wants to change them to so not changing them could have performance issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #282810 by degierd
Replied by degierd on topic database structure
The database structure was changed to UTF8-Multibyte using the Admin Tools Joomla plugin on the basis of below suggestion from the Admin Tools app..:

Things to know before changing the database collation

Joomla! is designed to work with the UTF-8 collation. However this collation does not allow you to use Emoji and other multibyte characters such as certain Traditional Chinese glyphs, Cherokee etc. In this case you need to change the collation to “UTF-8 Multibyte”. You may need to repeat that after installing or upgrading extensions. After changing the collation you are strongly advised to use the Repair & Optimise feature.

Is this not advised by you for CB?

7 years 10 months ago #282855 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic database structure
CB uses UTF8. That's not the issue here. You've several columns set to the wrong types. For example your avatar column is mediumtext when it now is text.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds