Convert No Subscription To Plan

7 years 10 months ago #282911 by bins
Convert No Subscription To Plan was created by bins
As I have now updated my install, I am looking at a few things deeper than I recently have (very bad of me!).

I have noticed that I have a lot of users who are registered and in a Group, but do not have a Subscription. I will check the plans to see if I have set something wrong there, but how do I subscribe users to a (free) plan in bulk?

I have looked at several options - Users/Batch edit does not give option and CB Paid Subscriptions: Import subscriptions can only move groups in total.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #282923 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Convert No Subscription To Plan

but how do I subscribe users to a (free) plan in bulk?

You can import a subscription for users within CBSubs > Import.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #282980 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Convert No Subscription To Plan
I ran import, as follows:

Source - all users from CMS ACL group
User group - Registered

Destination Subscription Plan - Free Membership
Current Status - Active (i have also tried the other 2)
Subscription date - used one from a couple years ago

Import Behavior - Yes.

On running this, registration emails were sent to people but, on CB/User Management, under the Subscription' Columm there is a blank - I expected this to show Free Member. Going into the user shows them as a free member!

I have just noticed that in CB Subs Settings/Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans is set to NO - I assume that this should be yes?

7 years 10 months ago #282986 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Convert No Subscription To Plan

bins wrote: I ran import, as follows:

Source - all users from CMS ACL group
User group - Registered

Destination Subscription Plan - Free Membership
Current Status - Active (i have also tried the other 2)
Subscription date - used one from a couple years ago

Import Behavior - Yes.

On running this, registration emails were sent to people but, on CB/User Management, under the Subscription' Columm there is a blank - I expected this to show Free Member. Going into the user shows them as a free member!

I have just noticed that in CB Subs Settings/Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans is set to NO - I assume that this should be yes?

Your assumption is correct :)

Then of course you should check the settings that are adjacent (there will be a red warning showing below that setting if settings there are inconsistent).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 10 months ago #282991 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Convert No Subscription To Plan
If I set ' CB Subs Settings/Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans'' to yes and ran the import again, would it set people to Free Membership in the user interface?

BTW, why would it show in the user that they are free, but on the User Management list be blank?

7 years 10 months ago #283006 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Convert No Subscription To Plan

If I set ' CB Subs Settings/Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans'' to yes and ran the import again, would it set people to Free Membership in the user interface?

Yes, if you don't have that enabled CBSubs will not create a subscription row for free lifetime plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.503 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn