[SOLVED] Hide number of members in list

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283038 by EPICweb
I feel kind of dumb, guys. I fixed this issue thanks to Kyle's guidance, but now I cannot for the life of me figure out where to put the css to hide the number of registered members in my lists.

I know the css I need is:
.cbUserListResultCount {
display: none !important;
}

The code that controls the display of "[SITENAME] has # registered members" is in public_html > components > com_comprofiler > plugins > templates > default.php. So after watching Nick's excellent template override tutorial I figured I'd create an override file in the default template folder.

override.css didn't work, nor did override.php.

I cleared the Joomla cache a couple of times. Still no change.

I guess I might mention here that I'm using a Gantry 5 template, just in case that makes a difference. I also tried to add the code to my custom.css files in the joomla template custom folder. (UPDATE: I think I need to recompile the CSS. I'll try that tomorrow...or later today.)

I think though it might be nice to have this customization in the CB template folder, which would maintain it if I decide to change joomla templates.

So what am I not doing this time that worked so well a few months ago?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #283049 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hide number of members in list
Custom CSS should be added to your Joomla template CSS file or if it has a override.css/custom.css file you should use that. The alternative is a CB template override plugin as shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/227459-cb-2-0-3-template-css-overrides

If you're using Gantry though your CSS is probably cached and you'll need to clear cache in the backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283228 by EPICweb
Replied by EPICweb on topic Hide number of members in list
Yay! It worked.

There was a custom folder for my template and the Gantry folks provided some guidance: Gantry 5: Add Custom Style Sheet

Created an scss file in the custom folder as directed. Pasted the css Kyle provided here on this forum. Went to my Gantry template in the administrator and clicked on Recompile CSS.

Voila! The lines are gone from my member lists.

I'm adding this procedure to a file for myself so I can recreate if/when I change templates.

Thank you, Kyle! Again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn