Laundry List

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283123 by SCLRWeb
Laundry List was created by SCLRWeb
Currently I think we're using CB Login module but possibly not...
haven't looked..

have a few things I would like to figure out and haven't focused on them - My fault - can't complain about the work joomlapolis is doing!

- Login -
login main page then hit our Membership section and have to log in again - not sure what I have messed up there...
ever sine approx 3.x upgrades I think this has been an issue - but possibly a kunena login block - just not sure...
Yes using klogin form for main page login - redirects login to forums - logout - main page.
login - then clubhouse appears only to registered users - but clicking it the user is apparently logged out... - probably because its not using cblogin - just want to verify that...

- Unique Field / Auto-Generated Field -

Currently have a MemberID field - This is currently max 7 char but I want to add a check to make sure there is no duplicates via ajax or save check/verify - like email address - didn't notice the option in field validation - (guessing I missed it)

I wold prefer after payment the next number available just be added - for standard members - #### (4 Integer - 5 when needed but will be a long time)
we have a second plan for reciprocal members that we have a different numbering system for XXXX### (4 Letters + 3 Integer)

think doing an automated field would work fine... -
the older automation I understood - however the current one I've lost my way - its been awhile since I've really dug into all the newer options but really need some newer updates in the management side.

---- Events
using RS Events but just has too many options - what other tools are available with similar but ability to really trim down all the data needed / mandatory to enter via the front end... (more just what are others using!?! not really a support question)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #283126 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Laundry List

- Login -
login main page then hit our Membership section and have to log in again - not sure what I have messed up there...
ever sine approx 3.x upgrades I think this has been an issue - but possibly a kunena login block - just not sure...
Yes using klogin form for main page login - redirects login to forums - logout - main page.
login - then clubhouse appears only to registered users - but clicking it the user is apparently logged out... - probably because its not using cblogin - just want to verify that...

You're trying to reach the login page, but are sent to membership page? or hitting membership page sends you to login page? Don't understand, sorry. CBs login is pretty straight forward; create the module then use it or CBs login page. If you're not using either to login then you could have any sort of unexpected behavior.

Currently have a MemberID field - This is currently max 7 char but I want to add a check to make sure there is no duplicates via ajax or save check/verify - like email address - didn't notice the option in field validation - (guessing I missed it)

You can use CB Query Field to validate it and ensure it's unique. See the below video regarding this.

I wold prefer after payment the next number available just be added - for standard members - #### (4 Integer - 5 when needed but will be a long time)
we have a second plan for reciprocal members that we have a different numbering system for XXXX### (4 Letters + 3 Integer)

You can try using CB Auto Actions and its Query action to run a database query after registration for example to update their _comprofiler row with a generated id stored in a fields column. The query is entirely up to you though as we do not provide custom coding here, sorry.

using RS Events but just has too many options - what other tools are available with similar but ability to really trim down all the data needed / mandatory to enter via the front end... (more just what are others using!?! not really a support question)

We've no events plugin except GJ Events, but that's for Group events in CB GroupJive; it is not designed and never will be designed for site events like JEvents.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #283127 by SCLRWeb
Replied by SCLRWeb on topic Laundry List
Login issue -

It was KLogin - changed back to CB Login - still has issue..

Login via cblogin - shows logged in - stays on same page
click new menu item (clubhouse) - (only shows up when logged in) - used to be the user profile....

What I just found is the menu item was aimed at comprofiler however the item was no longer linked - so that was the issue... - login module didn't matter the menu item was the issue..
----
I'll have to dig into the verification video next...

----
Auto action - thought you guys had some examples buried somewhere to work from?

7 years 10 months ago #283160 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Laundry List

It was KLogin - changed back to CB Login - still has issue..

Login via cblogin - shows logged in - stays on same page
click new menu item (clubhouse) - (only shows up when logged in) - used to be the user profile....

What I just found is the menu item was aimed at comprofiler however the item was no longer linked - so that was the issue... - login module didn't matter the menu item was the issue..

If you migrated from CB 1.x you'll need to edit each CB menu item and correct its menu type so the URL can regenerate and be properly linked to CB.

Auto action - thought you guys had some examples buried somewhere to work from?

There's a few tutorials below (text and video).

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/291-cb-auto-actions/tutorials

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7McQcw0Sli1qfSUQGwmflzi

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds