Joomlapolis Forum Search Results page navigation

7 years 10 months ago #283223 by EPICweb
Hey, again, my friends!

When I search on this forum and get several pages of results, I have had an issue lately (since new design here) where I can't get to the second page of search results. I go through and read the ones that interest me on the first page of results, then go back to my search results and try to click on Next or the number 2 (or 3, etc) and am tossed back to the Search page.

Another thing I just noticed is that clicking on New Topic brought up the last post I made. What's up with that? :huh:

Couldn't find a General Forum Support category, so I posted here.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #283238 by krileon
Search results paging is broken in Kunena 5. We've already reported it and it's being fixed.

Another thing I just noticed is that clicking on New Topic brought up the last post I made. What's up with that?

It's the "crash caching" feature of Kunena. If you exit before submitting it'll cache the subject and body to reapply it on next new post to avoid errors, back browsing, etc.. causing loss of subject/body for new topics and replies. Guess it still needs some work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EPICweb

7 years 10 months ago #283534 by EPICweb
I'm a fairly frequent visitor to Kunena's forum at kunena.org. Just thought I'd report that there's no search result paging issues over there. I'd be astonished if they're not using the most up-to-date version.

FYI.

7 years 10 months ago #283554 by krileon

I'm a fairly frequent visitor to Kunena's forum at kunena.org. Just thought I'd report that there's no search result paging issues over there. I'd be astonished if they're not using the most up-to-date version.

They're not using Kunena 5 on their forums yet. The paging issues in fixed in RC3, but we're on RC2. We can't update to RC3 because it introduces other problematic bugs (breaks Quick Reply). So we're waiting for RC4 or whatever release is coming after RC3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn