Direct Link To Resubscribe

7 years 9 months ago #283789 by bins
Direct Link To Resubscribe was created by bins
I am preparing some emails in a renewal campaign and I would like to add a link to take members straight to resubscribe.

I could send them to their subscription plan, but, taking the link from the resubscribe button I have substituted the user ID with [userid], creating this:
my-community-profile/pluginclass?user=[user_id]&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions

Is this correct and, if yes, are there any potential issues I might face?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #283797 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Direct Link To Resubscribe
CBSubs provides 2 plan URLs now. 1 is to the plans page and 1 is straight to the basket. They are as follows.

Display:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=PLAN_ID

Basket:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=addplanstobasket&plans=PLAN_ID

Sounds like you'll want to use the basket URL. Ensure you've latest CBSubs release. You can also find these URLs at the top while editing a plan in CbSubs > Plans. You don't need user_id for either of the above URLs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #283811 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Direct Link To Resubscribe
For the basket version, is PLAN_ID automatically replaces by the members current subscription plan?#

I get an error:
500 Incorrect second argument for CBTxt::T array instead of string.

Replacing with a plan number works.

In the 'CB Paid Subscriptions: Mailers', can I use a substitution? Something like
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=addplanstobasket&plans=[PLAN_ID_substitution]

I want to make the renewal process as simple and quick as possible!

7 years 9 months ago #283831 by krileon
You will have to supply the plan id. Either via substitution or just hardcoding it. If you've latest CBSubs build installed and you've enabled content prepare usage for a Custom HTML or module for example you can also use the below usage.

[cbsubs:plans plan="PLAN_ID" output="basket" /]

Additionally you can make sure the plan is active or expired so it will only show the URL in either of those cases using the below.

[cbsubs:if plan="PLAN_ID" status!="I" and plan="PLAN_ID" status!="U"]
[/cbsubs:if]

Those 2 status checks should ensure the plan isn't invalid or hasn't been upgraded. No subscription at all is treated as invalid status.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago #283845 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Direct Link To Resubscribe
How do I 'enable content prepare usage'?

So, to clarify, as I want this in a timed & templated automated email, the link should read:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=addplanstobasket&plans=[cbsubs:plans plan="PLAN_ID" output="basket" /]

This gives the same CBTxt error.

Removing do=addplanstobasket& and using:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&plans=[cbsubs:plans plan="PLAN_ID" output="basket" /]

Returns 'You are not authorized to view this page'

7 years 9 months ago #283854 by krileon

How do I 'enable content prepare usage'?

Depends on where you're putting this. If it's in a Custom or CB Content Module it's a part of the modules parameters. If a Custom HTML field then again a part of its parameters.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=addplanstobasket&plans=[cbsubs:plans plan="PLAN_ID" output="basket" /]

That's not correct. You only need the below. It will output the URL for you.

You will still need to supply a plan id.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn