[SOLVED] Hide a tab in user profile for everyone except myself

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #283976 by paxx
Hi
I'm pretty sure this has been replied to earlier but I could not find any topic about it (and believe me I've been trying to search for an answer).

In user profile I have a tab that I just want to be visible for the user and not for any other user that visits the profile.
That is if someone visits another members profile he will not see this tab. If the user goes to his own profile he will see this tab.

How to do this? Hiding tab in profile view?

If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem cannot be solved, worrying will do you no good.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #283982 by nant

paxx wrote: Hi
I'm pretty sure this has been replied to earlier but I could not find any topic about it (and believe me I've been trying to search for an answer).

In user profile I have a tab that I just want to be visible for the user and not for any other user that visits the profile.
That is if someone visits another members profile he will not see this tab. If the user goes to his own profile he will see this tab.

How to do this? Hiding tab in profile view?

Similar question addressed here:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/234221-solved-admin-notes-on-members-account#283922

7 years 9 months ago #283984 by paxx
Hi
Thanks Nant for reply.
But however this does not resolve my issue here.

Let me be a little more cleare here,

1. All users (members) have this tab in his or her profile (and edit profile view).
2. If member A goes to member B's profile page he/she will not see this tab on users/members B's profile.
3. If member A goes to his/her own profile he/she will see this tab.
4. And moderators and administrators will of course se everything when they visit a members profile page.

So in short I want to hide the whole tab for other members and not just the content in the tab.

If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem cannot be solved, worrying will do you no good.

7 years 9 months ago #283989 by krileon
Install CB Privacy then edit your tab within CB > Tab Management. Under Integrations > CB Privacy set "Display" to "Forced privacy control" then set "Default" to "Private". This forces the tab private and only allows the profile owner and CB Moderators to see it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, paxx

7 years 9 months ago #283996 by paxx
Hi
Thank you for explaining this for me in a simple way.
Everything worked as a charm, perfectly well.

Cheers

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn