CBSSubs - Test Plan Emails

7 years 9 months ago #284036 by bins
CBSSubs - Test Plan Emails was created by bins
I want to test the layout and presentation of some (HTML) welcome and renewal email sent via the plan settings - is this possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #284045 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSSubs - Test Plan Emails
Make a test plan and ensure it's only accessible to super users for example then test it. I recommend a free plan or merchandise plan as that'll best let you test quickly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago #284077 by bins
Replied by bins on topic CBSSubs - Test Plan Emails
OK - it is a bit long winded....

BTW, in your forum post notification emails, your url is missing from the link - you only get 'http://forum/255-developer-members-support/234259-cbssubs-test-plan-emails#284045'

7 years 9 months ago #284098 by krileon

OK - it is a bit long winded....

Not sure what you were expecting. We've no method for any emails to directly test them without performing the action they're dependent on. If you just want to do a simple HTML format test you can use the CB > User Management > Mass Mailer to send an email to your self.

BTW, in your forum post notification emails, your url is missing from the link - you only get 'http://forum/255-developer-members-support/234259-cbssubs-test-plan-emails#284045'

Yup, known Kunena bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago #284108 by bins
Replied by bins on topic CBSSubs - Test Plan Emails
OK, what about a HTML editor for these messages?

I did see an old topic about this, but things have moved on.

I appreciate that plain text is the ideal for deliverability, but appearance is important.

BTW, can I put HMTL (e.g. design something in Acymail then cut/paste code) into the message box?

Re Kunena - never new that - shows how popular our forum is!

7 years 9 months ago #284110 by krileon

OK, what about a HTML editor for these messages?

WYSIWYG editors are a bit rude in Joomla. They like to take what you give them and alter the heck out of them to fit whatever ideal of good code/format they have in mind. This breaks more than it helps and causes headache. So we choose to use them extremely sparingly. I highly recommend just writing proper valid HTML in an IDE then copy it over (e.g. PHPStorm, Netbeans, Notepad++, etc...). Even better is to save it as an HTML file and you can test what your HTML looks like without ever sending an email.

BTW, can I put HMTL (e.g. design something in Acymail then cut/paste code) into the message box?

Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn