[SOLVED] CBSubs Custom Template Name

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #284379 by MAYASIMA
[SOLVED] CBSubs Custom Template Name was created by MAYASIMA
I created a custom CBSubs template. After I installed and activated it, the entire CB front-end stopped working. When I clicked on the registration page everything was blank. When I logged in as a member and went to the profile or edit personal details page everything was blank. In the meanwhile I uninstalled my custom CBSubs template and changed all the settings back to the default CBSubs template but that did not resolve the problem.

Then I realized I had used the same name as my CB custom template. When I looked inside the CB configuration, my custom CB Template was gone. After I re-uploaded my custom CB template everything came back to normal.

I thought the CBSubs templates were isolated from the CB templates and the name would not matter. I guess I was wrong or maybe not?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Sima

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #284391 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Custom Template Name
They are isolated. My guess is you made your CBSubs template plugin incorrectly. CBSubs templates are just normal CB plugins. They are not CB template plugins. Review the rounded template included with CBSubs carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #284405 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic CBSubs Custom Template Name
I am not sure, I do not seem to find what I did wrong with the template. Do you mind taking a look? I have the template attached.
Attachments:

7 years 8 months ago #284442 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Custom Template Name
<filename plugin="mixedtimes">mixedtimes.php</filename>

Do you have plugin="mixedtimes" also for your CB template? Because you can't. That's the plugin element and the plugin element must be unique. I would simply do cbmixedtimes and cbsubsmixedtimes. Prefix them based off their purpose helps make their plugin element unique.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #284477 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic CBSubs Custom Template Name
Got it, Thanks Kyle!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn