[SOLVED] "Renewable in advance by" plan settings

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #284665 by cagoffice
Hello,

I need a quick refresher on the plan renew settings.

Our plans are by calendar year (expiring December 31) and I want an existing user to be able to renew September 1 for the following calendar year. Do I change the "renewable in advance by" to 4 months? Right now it is 2 months and I can't remember why I did that.

I think it might have something to do with the bonus months. I want NEW users to be able to sign up November 1 but have their plan valid until the end of the following year. So 2 months makes sense. But I can't figure out why I made the renewable in advance months and bonus months the same # of months. Does the bonus months setting affect existing users? Or new users only?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #284668 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "Renewable in advance by" plan settings
Renewable in advance just means they can renew 2 months before they expire. With the bonus time also set to 2 months it means if they subscribe or renew 2 months before the end of the calendar year they'll get those 2 months free and be subscribed for next calendar year.

So if you want them to renew in September and have bonus time for September you should set both to 3 months. If you just want new subscriptions in September then set bonus time to 3 months and leave renewable in advance at 2 months.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #284669 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic "Renewable in advance by" plan settings
I want existing users to be able to renew 4 months in advance (they already paid for those 4 months as they already paid for the full year and then when they renew, they are paying for the following year).

I want NEW users to be able to get the last 2 months free and when they sign up in November for example, they are paying for the following year.

Does that make sense?

7 years 8 months ago #284680 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "Renewable in advance by" plan settings
Ok, then set renewable in advance to 4 months and bonus time to 2 months. Believe that should do exactly what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #284681 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic "Renewable in advance by" plan settings
That's what I thought then I wondered if there was a reason why I did it to match the bonus months. I guess not! I will change it to 4 months then.

Thanks Kyle!!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn