Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Mailer - Domain Removed From Link

• bins
  • bins
7 years 9 months ago #285026 by bins
Mailer - Domain Removed From Link was created by bins
I have created a series of Mailers to remind people about renewing.

I insert the whole url into the link, however, on receipt, only the internal part is being used i.e. domain is removed!

Is there a switch to flick somewhere or is it something more fundamental?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 9 months ago #285044 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mailer - Domain Removed From Link
Within your email client review the raw body of the email to see if it was actually removed or if your mail client is just removing it. Does clicking it go to the right location? We don't remove parts of URLs at all in any of CBs email usages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bins
  • bins
7 years 9 months ago #285049 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Mailer - Domain Removed From Link
A member forwarded the email to me and the url is missing!

Could it be Tiny MCE stripping it?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 9 months ago #285054 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mailer - Domain Removed From Link
I've no idea. Test it with your own test case as you've no idea what that users email client may have done to the URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bins
  • bins
7 years 8 months ago #285156 by bins
Looks like the editors (JCE & TineMCE) are treating the links as if they are in an article, so stripping the URL.

By switching the editors off and using code, this appears to save correctly!

• bins
  • bins
7 years 8 months ago #285157 by bins
Looks like you have to set URLs to absolute in the CP for the editor.

Just checking this now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon