7 years 8 months ago #285253 by fabioweb90
Registration filelds div was created by fabioweb90
Hello!
i've seen that Registration form has this scheme:
sectiontableentry1 -> cb-fields
sectiontableentry2 -> cb-fields
sectiontableentry1 -> cb-fields
etc...

Is it possible to get two cb-fields inside a single sectiontableentry1?
sectiontableentry2 -> cb.fields1 + cb-fiedls2

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #285267 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration filelds div
No, is there a reason you're needing to do this? Each field row has a unique ID attached to it as well. You should see something like id="cbfr_#". The # is the field ID. You can use ID selectors to style them the same row color if you wanted. Example as follows.

#cbfr_42.sectiontableentry1 + #cbfr_53.sectiontableentry2 {
	CSS_HERE
}

There's also a CSS class on each row for their fieldtype (e.g. cbft_text).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #285345 by fabioweb90
Replied by fabioweb90 on topic Registration filelds div
Ok Thanks beacuse i need to style Flag and "+39" inside Phone field and i need to play with position absolute..

Best regards
Attachments:

7 years 8 months ago #285352 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration filelds div
Best I can suggest is to try and use a Custom HTML field or the layout parameters of one of those fields to substitute in the edit display of another field, but it's just going to substitute in the raw input form and no label. To substitute in the edit display of a field you'd use the below usage.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" reason="register" /]

Profile Edit:
[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" reason="edit" /]

Best option is to probably use CSS to float them nest to one another without needing to use absolute positions. For example if you just need those 2 fields side by side that's easily done with a usage like the below.

.myFieldClass1,
.myFieldClass2 {
	display: inline-block;
	width: 50%;
	float: left;
}

.myFieldClass2 + * {
	clear: both;
}

To add a custom CSS class to your field simply edit it within CB > Field Management and under the Global tab there's a CSS Class parameter. The first field in this example would be myFieldClass1 and the second field would be myFieldClass2.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.853 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn