Error

Please login first

[#6209] CB 2.1 Language Overrides

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #285930 by MAYASIMA
[#6209] CB 2.1 Language Overrides was created by MAYASIMA
Hello,

Great job on the new language overrides. Unfortunately it doesn't quite work for CB Subs. I have two CB Subs Languages installed en-US & en-GB. In both plugins I created a customer override:

and added it to the Plan's display settings:

the result:

Is this still being worked on for CB subs or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Sima
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #285945 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.1 Language Overrides
CBSubs language plugins are custom and specific to CBSubs with its own language loading functionality. The override usage was added only to CB language plugins, but the params are a part of the language plugin type. Note you do not need CBSubs language plugins anymore (we still need to get rid of them) and can translate CBSubs the same way all other CB plugins translate (with their files in cbplugins folder). I suggest adding your CBSubs language overrides to your CB language plugin and they should work fine.

Will review CBSubs language loading code and see if I can add override support to it for next release.

Edit: Fixed for next CBSubs build.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286005 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic CB 2.1 Language Overrides

Note you do not need CBSubs language plugins anymore

Ok, so if I add cbpaidsubscriptions-language.php and cbpaidsubscriptions-admin_language.php to es-es/cbplugin, I could put my Spanish translations in those files?

I suggest adding your CBSubs language overrides to your CB language plugin and they should work fine

Good enough for me, I'll try it today.

Will review CBSubs language loading code and see if I can add override support to it for next release.

Why bother if you are getting rid of it anyway?

7 years 7 months ago #286007 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.1 Language Overrides

Ok, so if I add cbpaidsubscriptions-language.php and cbpaidsubscriptions-admin_language.php to es-es/cbplugin, I could put my Spanish translations in those files?

Yes.

Why bother if you are getting rid of it anyway?

It's already fixed for next CBSubs build. Basically don't want people seeing and using parameters that didn't work (for CBSubs language plugins) so they either needed to work or be hidden and it was easier to just make them work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286012 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic CB 2.1 Language Overrides
Thanks Kyle!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.773 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn