[SOLVED] CB Subscription Use Case instructions

7 years 7 months ago #286195 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic CB Subscription Use Case instructions
Then why did you say (in #286172) that the plans should all be top-level plans?

If you look back at my original detailed post ( #286153) that is exactly what I did originally.
And I indicated that I needed to have the upgrade option between B1 and B2.

When I put B1 and B2 (exclusive) under D (non-exclusive), and I sign-up for A during registration, the only thing I can then add is C. D (or B1/B2) are no longer visible.

It would be helpful if you could just provide the proper configuration I would need to get this working (as there is no other documentation,tutorial, or anything that I could find via search on the forums to explain exactly how to get this working).

Are there some specific settings that I need to configure (other than 'non-exclusive') for D to make B1 and B2 show up as options later on?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #286196 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subscription Use Case instructions
You want to be able to subscribe to A or C without B, but you want B1 and B2 to be exclusive from one another and to allow upgrades from B1 to B2 or B2 to B1. There's no way to do that without parenting B1 and B2. To do that you need to set it up as instructed in my previous reply, remove any conditions from B1 and B2 (don't need them now), and ensure child plans are always set to display on D. That should work like how you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286197 by cpaschen
That is exactly what I have. ( I just told you "I put B1 and B2 (exclusive) under D (non-exclusive),")

I have removed all the restrictions that you recommended adding.

I've double-checked and D, B1, and B2 are all set with default (matching a new subscription) other than:
* Titles/Description/Pricing added to B1 / B2
* B1 and B2 set to Exclusive and parent of D

And it is not working.

7 years 7 months ago #286198 by cpaschen
I've sent you a PM with superadmin login to the site - so you can see exactly how things are set-up.

Please let me know what configuration is not set properly.

Feel free to change anything - this is just a test site where I'm trying to test-out client use case.

7 years 7 months ago #286213 by cpaschen
Is there any chance that you can take a look at this and let me know where the problem is today?
We've been trying to get this to work for several days and the things you have recommended have not worked yet.

7 years 7 months ago #286221 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subscription Use Case instructions
Have reviewed your install. You set the parent plan to not allow new subscriptions then set the plan to not show on registration. I've fixed both settings and seams to be displaying fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn