[SOLVED] Error Parent asset ID could not be found

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286191 by cc0623
Once registrant fills out the registration form and clicks signup button they should be directed to a payment page instead they are being directed to the signup form with this error message. I followed along with Nicks tutorial setting up cb subs but I am dead in the water here. I have the latest versions of Joomla, CB and CB Subs. Prior to getting cb subs my registration and membership was handled through user menu so this was not an issue for me. I turned off the joomla User form and turned on the CB Registration form.

Once the sign up button is clicked it does register as a new user in Joomla Users but not CB or CBSubs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #286217 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error Parent asset ID could not be found
That sounds like a Joomla ACL error. Are you trying to assign usergroups via CBSubs? Is the new user registration usergroup within Users > Manage > Options in Joomla configured correctly?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286239 by cc0623
Replied by cc0623 on topic Error Parent asset ID could not be found
The cbsubs plan is set user = registered.
Attachments:

7 years 7 months ago #286272 by krileon
You should not have to set them to Registered. Within Users > Manage > Options set "New User Registration Group" to "Registered" (looks like you need to temporarily turn on "Allow User Registration" though as Joomla seams to condition the group parameter now). Once done remove your User Group usage within your plans then see if working ok.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286388 by cc0623
Replied by cc0623 on topic Error Parent asset ID could not be found
That did not work. I am sure it is something incredibly simple, but I have started from scratch and gone through all the steps outlined by Nick in his videos on CB, CBSUBS and Joomla User. Still not working.

7 years 7 months ago #286399 by krileon
Please provide the exact error message it's showing as I can not find "Parent asset ID could not be found" anywhere within Joomla or CB. Does removing the assignment of the Registered usergroup within CBSubs solve the issue? If not please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look as I've never seen this issue before, but suspect an ACL problem somewhere.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn