[#6229] CBSubs Category Content Access Blog View

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286235 by MAYASIMA
In CBSubs, how can I block only access to the articles from a category but not the blog view. The way I am trying to do this always gets me a result that blocks the entire category...

For example: I have a menu item that is a blog view for the category "Food Recipes". When people click on the link Food Recipes I want them to see the tittles of the recipes and once they click on the title (or read more...) they will be prompted to register.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #286271 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Category Content Access Blog View
If you block the entire category and still need blog view I believe the only way to do that is to only block the read more access. This is done by setting "Still show intro text for articles" to "Yes: articles introductions remain always visible" within CBSubs > Settings > Integrations > Content/Extensions then protect an entire category within your plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286390 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic CBSubs Category Content Access Blog View
Yes, it works the way you describe it. However it needs improvement. Can I submit it as a feature request? Here are some suggested improvements:

- Currently when you are in blog view it just shows the regular read more link. Once you click on it, you will go the article by itself (intro text) and the read more text/link is replaced by "To read more, a subscription is needed: Click here to subscribe". This is a step too much. The "To read more, a subscription is needed: Click here to subscribe" text/link should already be displayed on the blog view and when you click on it it should go to the subscription page instead of the article with intro text.
- The same should be the case for the Article tittle and Intro image. When clicking on those it should go directly to the subscription page instead of the article with intro text.
- It would be good if this feature would not just depend on the read more function and/or intro text. But instead that it also would be possible just to the show the title and intro image. And once clicked on either one of those the visitor would be routed to the subscription page with a message urging to subscribe.

Interestingly enough I noticed that on the home page (maybe because of the featured items layout blog) it works as I am suggesting. Here the "read more" text/link is replaced by the "To read more, a subscription is needed: Click here to subscribe" text/link and when clicked goes to the subscription page (except for the title and image which still go to the article with intro text).

Hope you will consider it.

Thanks,

Sima

7 years 7 months ago #286402 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Category Content Access Blog View
I agree, sounds like it could use some improvements. Have added a feature ticket for your suggestions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286421 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic CBSubs Category Content Access Blog View
Thanks Kyle!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn