[SOLVED] CB is not firing onLoginFailure event ?

7 years 7 months ago #286468 by roland_d_alsace
Replied by roland_d_alsace on topic CB is not firing onLoginFailure event ?

krileon wrote: CB doesn't attempt to login if there's no one to login...

Hi Krileon.

I don't understend your answer : "there's no one to login" !

It's in the case when somebody try to connect with en good user name, but with a bad password.

It's here that BFD security components acts (Akeeba and others).

The security componant count the number of bad password given and after a number in a time limit (given in parameters), he ban the IP.

With standard Joomla login, that works well, why not with CB Login ?

CB doesn't like Akeeba ? ...Akeeba is still a reference in the world of Joomla !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #286490 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB is not firing onLoginFailure event ?
Within CB > Configuration > General set "Login Method" to "Username, Email Address, or CMS Authentication Plugins" and it should work fine. Your alternative is to use CB AntiSpam which can provide the same spam prevention features for CB. Of course Akeeba also has the option of integrating with CB and acting on CBs onLoginFailed trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286495 by roland_d_alsace
Hi Krileon.

Thanks for your answer.

I have the "login Method" on "UserName" only.

On your advice i change it to "Username, Email Address, or CMS Authentication Plugins" and now Akeeba detect bads logins in its log table.

Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286498 by roland_d_alsace
Here is the answer of Akeeba, when i ask them if it's possibile to have a plugin for CB :

"We're integrated with Joomla Core.
In my opinion, if CB replaces the core login feature, it should fire the same events of the core."...

It's sure that it's strange that CB reacts differently (depending on its parameters), for firing the Joomla Core events ?
This has inevitably integration's problem with other components wich use Joomla core triggers..

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286499 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB is not firing onLoginFailure event ?
Adjusting the login method solves that. It allows Joomlas ->login to be called earlier in our login function so those events can fire. So I really don't see the issue here as long as you've adjusted the login method as suggested. In addition to this we provide our own spam protection plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286501 by roland_d_alsace
Hi Krileon

CB alters still Joomla Core functioning without warning, which has unpredictable consequences for your customers.

And the component in question is much more complete than you imagine.
CB is not the 'only one' component of a Joomla Web Site...let me say that you must accept it !

Thank you for your quick response which still solve my problem.
Bests regards.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn