[SOLVED] Hide avatar on connection requests etc

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286593 by wrongjon
Hi

We don't want avatars on our site and I can't unpublish the avatar field as its a core feature.

How can we change the Connection request messages that appear above user profiles that say

"You have no established connection with AVATAR SEEN HERE (see attached image)

and Instead hide that default avatar thumbnail and say

"You have no established connection with Marc" Adding the persons first name to end of that sentence as ive done.

Would want to apply same to any other places where you've set it to show an avatar instead of persons name

thanks so much
Jonathan
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #286598 by wrongjon
Replied by wrongjon on topic Hide avatar on connection requests etc
OK I stumbled across how to hide it in the parameters in the avatar field

But then that just hid the thumbnail and looked weird without a name in its place

Also it broken the display on the CONNECTIONS tab on your own profiel that shows status of all connections

Without the thumbnail the page just dumps out all the tooltip html in to the page so that must be a bug?

If avatar is set to not display in the field parameters I think the name should show you need to check how that tooltip output is displayed.

7 years 7 months ago #286600 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hide avatar on connection requests etc
Set the avatar field not to display on profile. That should suppress its display. You can also override its display using the layout parameters. Honestly avatar is just worked into so many design aspects of our plugins you're going to have a hard time truly getting rid of it. With that said the below layout usages should replace avatar with the formatname field.

Profile Value Layout:
[cb:userfield field="formatname" /]

Userlist Value Layout:
[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="list" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wrongjon

7 years 7 months ago #286603 by wrongjon
Replied by wrongjon on topic Hide avatar on connection requests etc
You genius

That worked and now shows the full name instead of avatar thumb on those connection request messages :)

Superb thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn