Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Hide Tab at Registration Based on Plan Selected

• itsjeff
  • itsjeff
7 years 7 months ago #286949 by itsjeff
As the subject states, I am trying to hide certain tabs at registration, depending on what plan is selected.

I will have 3 profile types but we can focus on 2 - say they are member & sponsor.
  • The member will have a tab for user & password, but also include a tab for work info & another for home info.
  • The sponsor will have a tab for user & password, but also include a company/organization tab and NOT the work/home info tabs
I have the registration page set to use "Step by Step" (and have tried "Tabbed" too). The plans are configured in CB Paid Subscriptions to hide fields that are not applicable for the plan type. But when someone registers it still shows the step/tab in the process, just does not contain any fields.

I found an old support topic on this which says it is not possible from configuration, only to do an auto action with custom jQuery. If this should be merged to a reply there please go ahead.

There's also a feature ticket in the last response but it's nearly 16 months old and 0% done.

There are a lot of fields and I'd rather not just dump them all at once in "Flat" layout but it seems that's my only option without doing custom code.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 7 months ago #286950 by krileon
CBSubs can hide fields during registration, but if you're using tabbed or step by step it can't hide the tab entirely. Best I can suggest is to add a custom html field to the tab to explain why it's empty or write custom jQuery to hide the tab until CBSubs is able to hide empty tabs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: itsjeff

• itsjeff
  • itsjeff
7 years 7 months ago #286973 by itsjeff
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll be implementing one or just use "Flat" until the feature is supported - looking forward to it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon