Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Some funstionality questions

• siala
  • siala
7 years 7 months ago #286986 by siala
Some funstionality questions was created by siala
Just a few questions:

1)
I am trying to display a custom module on several tabs in custom html fields during registration. The module is only displayed on one tab and on the other tabs it just displays the shortcode. Should CB support displaying the module on all tabs?

2)
Should core ajax fields integrate with cb conditional? For example, during profile registration/edit ff a user selects a particular value from a drop down another field will appear. This does not happen with inline profile editing.

Joomla! Version 3.6.2 Stable [ Noether ] 4-August-2016 23:41 GMT
PHP Version 5.6.24
mysql version 5.6.32-78.1
community builder version 2.0.15+build.2016.09.18.15.00.02.b2e3df5e1

If you need more info let me know.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 7 months ago #286999 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Some funstionality questions

1) I am trying to display a custom module on several tabs in custom html fields during registration. The module is only displayed on one tab and on the other tabs it just displays the shortcode. Should CB support displaying the module on all tabs?

Each of your Custom HTML fields needs to be set to process content plugins under Parameters of the field.

2) Should core ajax fields integrate with cb conditional? For example, during profile registration/edit ff a user selects a particular value from a drop down another field will appear. This does not happen with inline profile editing.

No, it does not integrate with CB Conditional. It simply can't since the core fields ajax renders 1 field edit at a time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: siala

• siala
  • siala
7 years 7 months ago #287124 by siala
Replied by siala on topic Some funstionality questions
Thanks. I have a few more questions.

1) Im using the JCE editor and its showing up fine for registration, profile edits etc. However it does not show up for cb core field ajax enabled fields. Clicking to edit the relevant field shows a text editing box that includes the html but thats all. See attached image (missing editor.jpg). Is there something else i need to configure for this?

2) Im fairly sure if configured cb properly (disabling joomla registration, publishing cbpaidsubsbot etc) but the user group that is assigned as the default joomla registration group is being assigned to newly registered users. So new users are being assigned to two groups rather than one - the second group is the cb subscription value. Is there anything else i have to configure to prevent this from happening?

Thanks.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #287147 by krileon

1) Im using the JCE editor and its showing up fine for registration, profile edits etc. However it does not show up for cb core field ajax enabled fields. Clicking to edit the relevant field shows a text editing box that includes the html but thats all. See attached image (missing editor.jpg). Is there something else i need to configure for this?

Does it work fine with TinyMCE. I do not test 3rd party editors, sorry.

2) Im fairly sure if configured cb properly (disabling joomla registration, publishing cbpaidsubsbot etc) but the user group that is assigned as the default joomla registration group is being assigned to newly registered users. So new users are being assigned to two groups rather than one - the second group is the cb subscription value. Is there anything else i have to configure to prevent this from happening?

CBSubs will not remove their default usergroup. CBSubs won't remove any usergroups that it is not specifically configured to control. If you want to remove the default you either need a CBSubs plan that manages it (adds and removes as needed) or use CB Auto Actions to assign usergroups based off subscription status.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• siala
  • siala
7 years 6 months ago #287190 by siala
Replied by siala on topic Some funstionality questions

Does it work fine with TinyMCE.

for tinymce it doesnt display the editor by default but the toggle editor button appears which allows you to display the editor

CBSubs will not remove their default usergroup. CBSubs won't remove any usergroups that it is not specifically configured to control. If you want to remove the default you either need a CBSubs plan that manages it (adds and removes as needed) or use CB Auto Actions to assign usergroups based off subscription status.

ok thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #287209 by krileon

for tinymce it doesnt display the editor by default but the toggle editor button appears which allows you to display the editor

Ok, that's the same issue caused by the below bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6237

Will be fixed in a later release and I'm guessing will also fix JCE not working.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: siala

Moderators: beatnantkrileon