Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBsubs or another option?

• cc0623
  • cc0623
7 years 7 months ago #287077 by cc0623
CBsubs or another option? was created by cc0623
I have a store extension (ESHOP) but I would prefer to do this in CBSubs. Is this possible?
I have 300 classes in 4 divisions for sale.
My idea is I will have a tab called My Horses. The tab will be private to the member on their profile page. There will be a form with a save button. The form needs to collect basic information for each horse and saved in a database but this information needs to be listed on the tab (My Horses) with an edit option and delete option. The answer to the text field “Registry” will determine what classes are available for them to purchase. Next I need them to be able to purchase the class, get an invoice, and I need a report of the sale with horse and rider listed. Keep in mind there are between 50-100 classes per division, not all classes are priced the same, and they will need to filter/search through the class list to select the class needed for a horse based on several options. The report of sale needs to indicate the member, the class with horse and handler. *A horse can enter multiple classes with different handlers so next to the class selection needs to be a drop down to select horse and a Drop Down to select handler.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #287083 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsubs or another option?
Not sure where CBSubs comes in for your usage. That doesn't sound like a store usage either. It sounds more like you need a custom Joomla extension or CB plugin to provide that extremely specific functionality. If you've 300 classes in 4 divisions then that's 1,200 CBSubs plans as you'd 1 plan each, which doesn't seam very practical. None of CBSubs payment report pages would be able to filter based off a CB field or anything of the sort and would be plan filtered.

As for the edit/delete buttons you'd absolutely need a custom solution as fields aren't edited in that way nor can fields be repeated (you'd need to have several sets of the same fields). The edit and emptying of fields is also done from profile edit unless CB Core Fields Ajax is used.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by krileon.

• cc0623
  • cc0623
7 years 7 months ago #287087 by cc0623
Replied by cc0623 on topic CBsubs or another option?
I have been trying to remove all 3rd party extensions (ie, BTLogin, Eshop, Events, ACYmailing) from my website. I purchased Community Builder Dev. membership thinking I could get community builder and its apps to handle all or most of my needs, that would be great.

Let's look at it from another perspective. CBsubs does have most of what I need such as a basket, a payment gateway, Merchandise (sold), invoicing.
But I do not see a way to import a large selection of merchandise or even how to create an option selection for that product or a way to create a field such as a drop down or text field.

I have three hundred classes to sell over 4 divisions, not 900. The divisions have 50-75 classes.

I would have like to have been able to implement the tab idea as it would have saved the member a great deal of time from repetitious data entry for every horse entered but since that is not an option, oh well.

So could I sell to my membership these classes in CBSubs? I thought CBSubs could handle merchandise.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 7 months ago #287089 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsubs or another option?

But I do not see a way to import a large selection of merchandise or even how to create an option selection for that product or a way to create a field such as a drop down or text field.

Neither of those features exist at this time. There is no importing of plans (merchandise or otherwise) and there is no dropdown options usage for plans. Both are planned, but unsure when they'll be implemented.

I have three hundred classes to sell over 4 divisions, not 900. The divisions have 50-75 classes.

That's still 300 plans, which is a very large amount. CBSubs can handle it, but the display of all those plans could be an absolute nightmare without a lot of conditioning so only a small subset display based off various conditions.

So could I sell to my membership these classes in CBSubs? I thought CBSubs could handle merchandise.

CBSubs does support merchandise plans, but 300 plans would just be impractical. I would have a plan per price bracket then use something else to determine which class they want.

Your usage really calls for a custom extension or plugin. That is going to be the best way to get what you're needing. You're certainly welcome to try doing this with what's available, but I suspect it'll be an extremely frustrating process unless you figure out a way to reduce the number of classes or change how you charge for those classes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon