Conditional hidden mandatory fields preventing registration

7 years 6 months ago #287094 by siala
I have encountered the "conditional mandatory fields are hidden but cause validation error" problem. Its happening during the registration process in the following 2 scenarios:

1) A tab, which has some conditional mandatory hidden fields, is itself initially hidden. The tab is shown later on during the registration process based on cb tabs conditional. Validation errors are given for this tab after it is shown and when you try to complete registration. I have prevented this tab from being initially hidden to test this problem and i get no validation errors from the mandatory hidden fields.

2) Fields that are hidden based on the subscription plan are giving validation errors. So far only affected fields for this appear to be editor text area fields.

Any help with this would be great. Let me know if you need more information.

Joomla! Version 3.6.2 Stable [ Noether ] 4-August-2016 23:41 GMT
PHP Version 5.6.24
mysql version 5.6.32-78.1
community builder version 2.0.15+build.2016.09.18.15.00.02.b2e3df5e1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #287112 by krileon
So this is only happening for fields you've conditioned to hide using CBSubs and not CB Conditional? Are you conditioning the fields or their tab with CB Conditional then also with CBSubs? Are CB, CBSubs, and CB Conditional all up to date?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #287123 by siala
No they are both two different scenarios and two different sets of fields:

The first scenario is with cb conditional only where tabs and fields are conditionally hidden.

The second scenario is with cb subs on a tab that is always shown.

The tabs and fields in the first scenario are different to those in the second scenario.

cb subs version: 4.1.0+build.2016.09.02.14.13.49.ae734b9bc
cb conditional: 4.0.7+build.2016.07.09.00.28.00.ec65dbf5d
cb version: 2.0.15+build.2016.09.18.15.00.02.b2e3df5e1

7 years 6 months ago #287143 by krileon
Only the second scenario with CBSubs is throwing validation errors or are both them throwing validation errors? The top of the page should state what fields failed exactly. In the case of CB Conditional this can happen if you've conditioned a field more than once or you're using a condition it can't complete during PHP processing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #287189 by siala

Only the second scenario with CBSubs is throwing validation errors or are both them throwing validation errors?

They are both throwing validation errors and both scenarios happen independently of each other.

The top of the page should state what fields failed exactly.

It doesnt. Only the tab text appears red with the red X next to it

In the case of CB Conditional this can happen if you've conditioned a field more than once or you're using a condition it can't complete during PHP processing.

The cb conditional field scenario does not throw validation errors when the tab the fields are on is not initially hidden so i dont think this is the case. The validation error only appears when the tab was initially hidden.

i have attached a screenshot of the html showing the hidden fields with validation errors if this helps at all.
Attachments:

7 years 6 months ago #287208 by krileon
Unpublish CBSubs within CB > Plugin Management then see if issue persists. This needs to be isolated and debugged 1 plugin at a time. Most likely you have conditions overlapping. Only the last condition applied to a field matters. You can not condition a field multiple times as those conditions will conflict. So if you're conditioning a tab then you're conditioning fields on that tab it's going to cause a conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn