Conditional hidden mandatory fields preventing registration

7 years 6 months ago #287240 by siala
For the first scenario(tab initially hidden) the validation error still appears after disabling cb subs

For the second scenario changing the field from "editor text area" to "text area" removes the validation problem. So it seems this issue is related to the "editor text area" field.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #287262 by krileon
Editor Textarea field is causing a validation error when using CB Conditional and issue is gone entirely once the fieldtype is changed?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #287290 by siala

Editor Textarea field is causing a validation error when using CB Conditional and issue is gone entirely once the fieldtype is changed?

These "editor text area" fields were being hidden by cbsubs not cb conditional. And yes the validation error disappears when changing the field from "editor text area" to "text area".

On the second scenario the fields are being hidden by cb conditional and are not "editor text area" fields. These fields still give validation errors when the tab is initially hidden hidden

7 years 6 months ago #287308 by krileon

On the second scenario the fields are being hidden by cb conditional and are not "editor text area" fields. These fields still give validation errors when the tab is initially hidden hidden

Ok, so you've the entire tab conditioned. Do you also have fields on that tab being individually conditioned? If so that's a double condition, which will cause a conflict. What condition are you using on the tab? It's possible the condition passes fine with jQuery but in PHP it's failing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #287378 by siala

Do you also have fields on that tab being individually conditioned?

yes. they are just hidden/shown based on a drop down selection from a field in the same tab.

What condition are you using on the tab?

the tab is shown when one of the fields on another tab is not blank. this is just me trying to get around not being able to hide tabs for specific subscriptions

7 years 6 months ago #287394 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. Please include what tabs you've these conditions on.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn