Profilebook Question

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #287807 by siala
Profilebook Question was created by siala
I'm looking to allow one group of users to write comments/reviews on another group of users profiles. These comments should only appear on that specific profile. I'm trying to use profile book to do this but it seems a user can only write on profile book once.

Firstly, is there a simple way to allow users to write on the book multiple times?
Secondly, can you control if users can un-publish or delete entries on their profile book? I only want admins to be able to un-publish or delete.

Or is there another way to easily allow feedback multiple times on a profile like allowing users to fill out a custom form which gets displayed on a tab on the users profile?

Thnaks.

Joomla! Version 3.6.2 Stable [ Noether ] 4-August-2016 23:41 GMT
PHP Version 5.6.24
mysql version 5.6.32-78.1
community builder version 2.0.15+build.2016.09.18.15.00.02.b2e3df5e1
profilebook version: 2.0.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #287821 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profilebook Question
CB Activity provides a Comment fieldtype. Sounds like it should be able to provide what you're wanting.

Secondly, can you control if users can un-publish or delete entries on their profile book? I only want admins to be able to un-publish or delete.

Nope, the profile owner has management permissions for profilebook entries on their profile. There's no functionality to disable this.

Or is there another way to easily allow feedback multiple times on a profile like allowing users to fill out a custom form which gets displayed on a tab on the users profile?

CB ProfileBook should allow them to post multiple times perfectly fine, but they've to revisit the profile after each post as it prevents back to back posting as a spam prevention feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #287841 by siala
Replied by siala on topic Profilebook Question

CB Activity provides a Comment fieldtype. Sounds like it should be able to provide what you're wanting.

I already have a global activity feed. Is there a way to restrict what posts get displayed on the global feed? For this particular group of users i would want the comments posted on their profile to only be shown on their profile

CB ProfileBook should allow them to post multiple times perfectly fine, but they've to revisit the profile after each post as it prevents back to back posting as a spam prevention feature.

Thanks. This solves one problem.

7 years 5 months ago #287860 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profilebook Question

I already have a global activity feed. Is there a way to restrict what posts get displayed on the global feed? For this particular group of users i would want the comments posted on their profile to only be shown on their profile

Comment fields don't log any activity so the posts on them should be strictly unique to that user and field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn