Skip to Content Skip to Menu

default date in date pop-up calendar?

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
7 years 5 months ago #288513 by cpaschen
default date in date pop-up calendar? was created by cpaschen
In a date field, is there any way to set the default date of the pop-up calendar?

We presently have the validation set to :

Minimum Year: -110
Maximum Year: -13

And we set the Default Registration Value to "now".

This puts the current month/day in the individual areas with a blank in the year (because the current year isn't valid); however, when we click on the pop-up calendar it always defaults to the year that is -110 from today. Even when we had the Default Registration Value blank, it kept starting at -110 for the year.

Also, the year values are in ascending order, and it would be preferred to have them in descending order (most recent at top).

Is there any way to do that via configurations?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288561 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic default date in date pop-up calendar?
The popup calendar will always default to the current date. It shouldn't change the dropdown values until you actually select a day, but it should have the appropriate month and year selected. If it can't select the current date it just selects the first date available (usually the month and day will be current, but it'll select first year available as you're experiencing). There is no registration default "now" value for date fields. The registration default for date fields must be SQL syntax date (0000-00-00) or datetime (0000-00-00 00:00:00). There is no way to change the order of the years.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon