Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Smooth, responsive template suggestions

• ksaltman
  • ksaltman
7 years 5 months ago #288518 by ksaltman
Smooth, responsive template suggestions was created by ksaltman
I am in the process of evaluating options to upgrade my template on my CB site. I need to have a more up to date solution that dynamically supports drop down menus, integrates with CB and Kunena and is responsive over all desktop and mobile platforms.

Any suggestions about authors or providers of Templates that may do this for me is greatly appreciated.

I don't mind spending some to get a really good template but don't want to waste money trying this that and the other.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288562 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Smooth, responsive template suggestions
Please understand these are support forums for our products only. Please in the future use the community forums for general discussions such as this.

JoomForest provides some templates that also style CB.

www.joomforest.com/community-builder/templates

As far as template frameworks I prefer T3.

www.t3-framework.org/

CB utilizes both Bootstrap 3 and Fontawesome. T3 styles both appropriately. This means CB should inherit the template styling elegantly. Kunena also now uses B3 or B2 depending on the Kunena template so it too should style.

A template is a pretty personal choice. No one here is going to be able to make that choice for you. I suggest looking into the frameworks like T3, Helix, and Gantry to figure out which of those you like most then find a template for it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ksaltman
  • ksaltman
7 years 5 months ago #288578 by ksaltman
Replied by ksaltman on topic Smooth, responsive template suggestions
Krileon,

I figured since I'm looking for something specific for CB it would be ok to post here, but thanks for the heads up.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Ken

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288588 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Smooth, responsive template suggestions
Any Bootstrap 3 template should be fine. If they've any major changes to Bootstrap it could have some styling conflicts, but those would need to be addressed individually. Once you've a Bootstrap 3 template installed you'll need to turn off CBs Bootstrap within CB > Configuration > Integrations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon