Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Integration with CRMery component

• activha
  • activha
7 years 5 months ago #288557 by activha
Integration with CRMery component was created by activha
Hello

We would like to add a button on our joomla CRMery component with the ability to automatically register a CRM person to CB.

I thought of using the auto action register but cannot see how to get fields from the CRMery component for an input in the auto action.

Should I preferably add a code auto action ?

Could you have a suggestion of how to do this ?

Thanks for your ideas
Best regards
Jean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288570 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Integration with CRMery component
CB Auto Actions and its Registration action with Trigger set to None would be the easiest way to do that. Your button then can add the user information like username, name, email, etc.. to the URL as GET variables. You can then access them in your action with [get_VARIABLE]. The problem is registering via URL is pretty susceptible to spam. It'd be best if your CRM component did this internally as part of an HTTP request or a POST that has a validation key.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
7 years 5 months ago #288571 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Integration with CRMery component

krileon wrote: It'd be best if your CRM component did this internally as part of an HTTP request or a POST that has a validation key.

Thanks for the information.
Access to this button would be limited to very few people.
Do you mean that even doing so would induce a risk that the url be spammed ?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288573 by krileon
Yes, if anyone guessed the URL they could setup a script that registered thousands of users endlessly. You would need to add some sort of security key to it and validation that under the conditions of the action then send that key with the URL. The problem is once that key is leaked you're back to square one with being able to spam it. It really needs to be safely generated and randomized for each render then validated appropriately or just done internally automatically by your CRM component.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
7 years 5 months ago #288575 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Integration with CRMery component
I understand.
The problem is that :
- not all CRM persons are registered on joomla
- once registered we also need to set up the appropriate subscription

So making things automatically by the CRM seems difficult. I was thinking at only pre-filling the required fields of CB registration page with our data, then our people will manually finish the registration by selecting the appropriate CBsubs plan for the customer.

Do you have other ideas ?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288577 by krileon
If you can output the URL from PHP instead of just plain HTML you'll be able to secure it. The token, key, or whatever you'd like to call it could just be an md5 of the username you're registering combined with a secret key only you'll know. Next in CB Auto Actions you'd condition for it. Example as follows.

[get_key] Equal To [cb:parse function="encode" method="md5"][get_username]SECRETKEYHERE[/cb:parse]

Username has to be unique so any registrations with duplicate username would automatically be rejected and your validation key is unique based off username and your secret key.

That should be enough security for your needs, but if you can't output it from PHP you really don't have a way of securing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon