Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Very bad quality of avatar in kunena

7 years 5 months ago #288693 by Andromeda57
Very bad quality of avatar in kunena was created by Andromeda57
Hey guys,

we have a problem with the use of cb and kunena.

In cb the uploaded avatar looks very nice.

In kunena 5 it is just very very very bad quality.

Can you please help? Kunena support does not seem to help so far....

Thanks....

Cheers

Tobias

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288694 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Very bad quality of avatar in kunena
Your thumbnail size is probably too small. Outside of profiles will use thumbnail size. Within CB > Configuration > Images you can see the sizes set for all images unless overridden. If you've overridden it check within the avatar field by editing it in CB > Field Management. Note changing the sizes will have no affect on existing images and they must be re-uploaded.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #288695 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Very bad quality of avatar in kunena
Thanks for your fast and good help again....

Yeah, we now can see that kunena just uses the thumbnails (60x60px default) and scales the up to 142x142px.. This process of course crashes the quality very bad...

We set the default size of thumbnails to 130 and 130 px each. Now the quality is good in kunena.

Does the change to 130 and 130 px could have any negative affects in cb? Or is there any other way that kunena does not use the small thumbnails?

Thanks a lot !

Tobias

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288705 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Very bad quality of avatar in kunena

Does the change to 130 and 130 px could have any negative affects in cb? Or is there any other way that kunena does not use the small thumbnails?

It's all a matter of performance basically. The bigger the image the more kbs per image the slower the load times, but the size you set shouldn't have much if any impact.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon