Skip to Content Skip to Menu

View connected user profile not working - giving "You are not authorized to view

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
7 years 5 months ago #288780 by cpaschen
I have a user ('OZ') this automatically connected to each user using the AutoWelcome option.

After the entire registration process (and OZ confirming the connection), when a user goes to their CONNECTIONS tab and clicks on the link to go to the profile for OZ they get:

You are not authorized to view this page!

However, if they connect with anyone else, they can see their profile page without a problem.

In addition, when I try to create any type of CB List, OZ never shows up.

I've reviewed all the settings for OZ and everything seems to match other users.

We have disabled all user-settable privacy views/controls.

We did change the userid of OZ a few days ago; however, we tried setting it back to the original without any change (and also tested changing the userid of another user, and that didn't cause the 'not authorized' problem). [And we have run all CB sychronize and test tools on the site as well.]

Is there anything else that we could check, or do we need to completely delete and re-create the OZ user account?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288783 by krileon
Sounds like their account is banned or blocked, but most likely banned. Edit the OZ user within CB > User Management and ensure the banned, approved, confirmed, etc.. fields are all set correctly.

We did change the userid of OZ a few days ago

This could also be your problem. Everything links together with user id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
7 years 5 months ago #288785 by cpaschen
I've checked settings:

* Enabled: Yes
* Approved: Yes
* Confirmed: Yes
* Banned: No

Also, we've tried this with a brand new (other) user, who then gets connected (with the 'new' user id) and it still errors out.

We also tried resetting the userid to the original without any change.

Can you tell me what tables might be effected that might still be using the old userid?

(or any other ideas)

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288787 by krileon
Did you change the user id within CB Auto Welcome or did you change the id of the actual user? If you changed the id of the actual user in _users or _comprofiler then changing it back shortly after shouldn't have any negative affects. Otherwise I've no idea what kind of damage you've caused. Changing the parameter shouldn't cause any negative affects and should just result in new users being connected to that new user id.

Also within CB > Configuration > User Profile ensure "Profile View Access Level" is set to something accessible by the viewing user. This typically should be Public or Registered depending on if you want public profiles or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
7 years 5 months ago #288794 by cpaschen
Sorry, we didn't change the id we changed the 'username' field.

And the profile view access level is "registered" (as noted earlier, it is working for all other user connections, just not this individual one).
The only difference (that I can see) between this and any other is the fact that the connection was an auto-connection, not manually created.

I guess we'll have to re-create the user and see if it still happens.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288830 by krileon
If you were using a SEF URL and you changed the users username that SEF URL won't work anymore. Try disabling SEF and see if issue persists or be sure to purge any site cache if enabled then reload after changing a username to ensure the link points to the user correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon