Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Custom Field associated with subscription/plan?

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
7 years 5 months ago #288813 by cpaschen
Is there any way to have one (or more) custom fields associated directly with a plan for a user/subscription?

Basically, to have the ability to select a plan and then have a field where the user can enter in some text (i.e. a URL for support with that plan).

I'm aware that I can have standard CB profile fields show/hide based on the subscriptions purchased; however, I'd like to have the user enter the text during the checkout process - so that the text values can be shown on the invoice.

Is there a way to do that that I'm just missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288833 by krileon

however, I'd like to have the user enter the text during the checkout process - so that the text values can be shown on the invoice.

There is no functionality for this. That can only be done via a new custom CBSubs plugin. CB Auto Actions might be able to by stringing several triggers together to do the HTML output and handle the storage, but never tried it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
7 years 5 months ago #288857 by cpaschen
Are there any docs available for creating a CBSubs plugin?
Or is there an existing CBSubs plugin that you could recommend to use as an example?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288860 by krileon
The only plugin that adds customs inputs to the basket is CBSubs Promotions and its coupon field. We've no other example. It adds the coupon form using the onCbSubsAfterPaymentBasket trigger and stores it using onCPayEditBasketIntegration so it might be entirely doable with CB Auto Actions, but again never tried so no idea.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
7 years 5 months ago #288862 by cpaschen
Well, I'm game - esp. to try to do this with auto actions possibly.

I'll update this ticket IF I'm able to make it work.
(just in case others are interested)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon