Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB login image sizes

• activha
  • activha
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #288921 by activha
CB login image sizes was created by activha
Hello
We moved recently to the new template jf_sirena which has a great display for CB
However, when using CB login with this template, the module loads full sizes for canvas and avatar. This makes each page too heavy if the canvas is too big.
Could you adapt the module so that it loads only the reduced sizes for the two photos ? or introduce a setting to leave the choice of high/low res images in the module display ?
Same thing for CB activity module if this is possible.

By the way, when a canvas photo is uploaded and resized by the user, is there a way to lower its size ? meaning keeping it as defined for height and width but lower its weight ?

And lastly would it be possible to choose what plugins to load with the login module ?
We dont' want to load full CB js and css on each page where the module is displayed but would like to have for instance only CB connect and a CB activity module on each page.
Is it possible to limit css and jQuery sizes ?

Thanks a lot
Jean
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by activha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288925 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB login image sizes
The CB Login module has always loaded the thumbnail size of the image. Your template may have a layout override for CBs login module and is loading in the fullsize. The login module doesn't display the canvas image at all. CB Activity doesn't load fullsize images either, those are thumbnail. Right click and inspect element on the image. If the filename begins with "tn" it's the thumbnail size. You may have the thumbnail size set too large (I don't recommend anything larger than 100x100 for avatar thumbnails).

And lastly would it be possible to choose what plugins to load with the login module ?

No, in fact we'll be changing this entirely in CB 3.0 where all plugins are loaded as minimal as possible into memory automatically when CB loads. By then each plugin should be using namespaced autoloader classes only resulting in maybe 100 lines of code per plugin as opposed to loading the entire plugin as is done currently with several plugins. CB Gallery is the first to utilize this to the fullest (its main PHP file is something like 36 lines of code only).

We dont' want to load full CB js and css on each page where the module is displayed but would like to have for instance only CB connect and a CB activity module on each page.

CB Connect utilizes CB JS and CSS so you can't exclude those while still loading CB Connect. The login module also uses CB classes so it needs to load in CBs CSS.

Is it possible to limit css and jQuery sizes ?

No.

If you're having header load issues you may want to consider something like JCH Optimizer. We're using it here and it works pretty well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
7 years 5 months ago #288934 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB login image sizes

Your template may have a layout override for CBs login module and is loading in the fullsize. The login module doesn't display the canvas image at all. CB Activity doesn't load fullsize images either, those are thumbnail...

I will check this with joomforest devs to change the image sizes.

Thanks for your answers on the other topics :-)

Last question : Our template has the ability to load bootstrap > 3 or not, would you recommend using CB bootstrap or standard bootstrap file ?

thanks
Jean

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288935 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB login image sizes
We don't modify Bootstrap 3 anymore other than to namespace it so if your Joomla template can load Bootstrap 3 you should be able to safely turn off CBs. Joomla built in Bootstrap is version 2 and won't style CB properly so it has to be Bootstrap 3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon