Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs and Groupjive

7 years 5 months ago #289037 by Andromeda57
CBSubs and Groupjive was created by Andromeda57
Hey guys,

we have 2 plans in CBSubs.. With Plan "A" it should not be possible for a user to create a group in groupjive. With plan "B" it should be possible, that a user can create a group.. How can we realize that in the best way?

Thanks a lot

Tobias

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #289040 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs and Groupjive
Have your plan that allows creating groups assign them a new usergroup. Next create a view access level that includes all usergroups with group create access. Now select your new view access level within GJ > Configuration > Groups > General for "Create Access" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #289041 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic CBSubs and Groupjive
Thanks for your fast answer. If i understand it right, there will be a problem.

I create a joomla usergroup "X". Then i say that cbsubs plan "A" will set usergroup to "X". The users of usergroup "X" will be able to create groups in groupjive.

But: CBSubs switches to usergroup "X", so that the user is not in the "Registered" usergroup anymore.. So the user can not see or create things of usergroup "Registered" ?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #289059 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs and Groupjive
CBSubs shouldn't switch Registered unless you've a plan controlling the usergroup Registered. You should also have your new usergroup a child of the Registered usergroup to allow inheritance of Registered permissions. If you need more advanced control of usergroups per plan you can use the Usergroup action in CB Auto Actions with the below configuration.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Not Equal To A

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon