Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Conditional - multiple fields

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
7 years 5 months ago #289174 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Conditional - multiple fields
I'm not sure what you mean by 'value ...is removed' (if you mean from the front-end drop-down - ie. de-selected; or if you mean removed from the field configuration).

If I have 2 Update On entries it is not working. If there is only 1 Update on entry it appears to work fine.

And when there are 2 Update On entries, when the element is first displayed (rendered) it displays the 'matching' (condition) value first (in Field 4), and then it renders the conditioned field (Field 5) and then the element (Field 4) changes to display the last value in the query (leaving Field 5 still showing).

If ANY value is actually (manually by user) selected in Field 4 then Field 5 behaves as it should (shows on values matching the condition, hides when values do not match the condition).

So it seems like having to 2 Update On entries messes with the conditioning process.

BUT ON TRYING TO TEST IT AGAIN ....
I re-added the 2nd Update On entry, and now it appears to be working fine!

So I'm guessing that at some point however those Update On options are generating actions, it got messed up (those were added over a month ago and many nightly releases ago). And possibly something wasn't quite right.
But now, by just removing one and re-adding it, all seems to work properly.

So I think we can now close this as an 'anomoly' that IF anyone else has it could be resolved by just removing and then re-adding one of the Update On entries.

(unless you can think of any other reason why this might still be an issue).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
7 years 4 months ago #289178 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Conditional - multiple fields
OK ... there is DEFINITELY something flaky going on here.

After last message (having removed and then re-added the 2nd Update On entry) I then proceeded to make a number of changes to tabs and fields. I did make one of the tabs conditional (but in no way related to any of these fields).

And the problem is back.

Then if I go in and remove the 2nd Update On entry - it works correctly again.

Then if I go and re-add the 2nd Update On entry - it still works correctly.

So, it appears that making changes elsewhere in fields/tabs (no idea what changes) causes the Updates On process to get 'messed up'. But as long as you set that last in your configuration process, it will work.

Not sure how this would work if I actually had more than one field with 2 Update On fields.

For now, I'm just going to leave it with 1 Update On selected.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #289182 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Conditional - multiple fields
I believe I understand what the issue is. The initial value causes the condition to match. Then the update on triggers and removes the value being matched against. It doesn't fire a change event with the update on replaces the options though which results in the condition not triggering until the user manually uses the field. I'll just need to fix the update on uses to trigger a change event when updating the options, which should fix the issue. Have added bug tickets to fix in code and query field.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6375
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6376

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon