[SOLVED] Browser Tab content

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289355 by 3cellhosting
[SOLVED] Browser Tab content was created by 3cellhosting
Hello support,

I trust you are all enjoying the holidays.

Using latest version of CB with Joomla 3.6.5 and we have this scenario and would like to know if there is a solution.

CB Users are representatives of an organisation. They are the secretary for the org and are subject to change at various intervals. The organisation name remains the same.

As such, the browser displays the user name in the browser tab but we would like to select the custom field containing the organisation name instead.

I guess this means a code change in core but is this possible?

Regards

David

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #289361 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Browser Tab content
CB Auto Actions acting on the onAfterUserProfileDisplay trigger with a Code action and Method set to Page Title will let you set the browser page title on profiles to whatever you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #289392 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Browser Tab content
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for that. I have added the plugin and it works perfectly.

What a fantastic plugin if only I had realised it was there.

Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

7 years 3 months ago #290578 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic [SOLVED] Browser Tab content
Hi Krileon,

I spoke too soon. I must have done something wrong or perhaps not made my problem clear enough - sorry.

Using the previous solution I discovered that users were unable to login after their profile had been viewed. This is because the previous solution actually changes the data in the profile. This is not what I was trying to achieve.

What I have is a list of users (Lodge secretaries) and when their profile is selected I want to Lodge Name to appear in the browser tab and not the member name as it does now.

If you look at this page - 109.203.110.219/~pgldevon/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=139&Itemid=222

You see the profile title is set to be the Lodge name - The Sanctuary Lodge - but the browser tab displays the username - PaulBurridge

I want to display the Lodge name instead of the username but don't want to change actual data. I thought there would be a template somewhere that would allow me to change the field that appears in that location.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards

David

David

7 years 3 months ago #290597 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [SOLVED] Browser Tab content
The below usage does not change user data. It only changes the browser page title.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserProfileDisplay
Type: Code
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Method: Page Title
Code:
NEW PAGE TITLE HERE

It is not dependent on where they came from though. The profile browser page title will always be changed to whatever you've supplied.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 3cellhosting

7 years 3 months ago #290604 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic [SOLVED] Browser Tab content
Hi Krileon,

Thanks for that. I had already read your previous answer several times and for some reason I failed to notice that I hadn't changed from field to code - doh!

This time round I saw what I had done and now it works.

Is there are documentation for this plugin? It seems such a powerful plugin I hate to think what I else I might be missing out on.

Cheers

David

David

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn