Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Upload issue

• stuntlist
  • stuntlist
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290992 by stuntlist
[SOLVED] Upload issue was created by stuntlist
Hi,

We have some CB fields of type File. We have been having an issue that a number of users can't upload a file to the file field. When you turn on Error Reporting we are getting the following error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 234881024 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 33555689 bytes) in /home/stunt14/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php on line 1967

As you can see we have the PHP memory limit set to: 224M. I have been increasing the memory limit trying to eliminate this problem, but it just keeps coming back.

I have attached the pdf file that we are trying to upload. As you can see it is a pretty small file.

If we try to upload the file in the backend as an admin we can upload the file. We we login in the frontend as an admin we can upload the file. We can also login as some normal users and upload the file. But if we login as other normal CB user, then we get the memory exhausted message.

What can we do so users can upload documents without getting the memory limit error?

Thank you.

I tried increasing the memory limit to 256M, but still the same problem. System Info shows this under PHP Information:
memory_limit 256M 256M
System info:
PHP Built On Linux vps.stuntlist.com 3.10.0-327.18.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu May 12 11:03:55 UTC 2016 x86_64
Database Version 5.6.35
Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 5.6.23
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.6.5 Stable [ Noether ] 1-December-2016 22:46 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #291004 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upload issue
Works fine on the demo site and locally using the file provided. There's no filetype processing so it's not going to try and open the PDF or anything of the sort. Is the memory limit error always the same? Any further details within your server error log? Everything up to date? If you can reliably reproduce the issue try disabling 3rd party Joomla system plugins within Extensions > Plugins as you could have one installed causing issues (usually some sort of security related extension).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• stuntlist
  • stuntlist
7 years 3 months ago #291316 by stuntlist
Replied by stuntlist on topic Upload issue
Hi,

I turns out that it was the problem reported in this post: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/235097-solved-0-error-decoding-json-data-syntax-error?start=6#288812 . When I reset her user record params then I could upload the file using her account.

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon