Skip to Content Skip to Menu

parallel subsciptions with different pricing levels

• some1new
  • some1new
7 years 3 months ago #291001 by some1new
Hi,

sorry maybe for that easy question.

Restarting with cbsubs after several month of ambsence :-)

I need a configuration for several different subscriptions, lets say Plan A,B and C

Each of them should be bookable for 1m, 3m or 1year recurring.

Depending on the time period there should be a giving discount.

When I setup a Plan A in TOP level and make it parent I always get both parent and child selected.

So what am I doing wrong? Maybe just did not find the right keyword to search for in documentation?

Any hint welcome to avoid hair of grey here :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #291006 by krileon
That's how parent and child plans work. You can't select the child plan without selecting the parent plan and the child plans can't function unless the parent plan is active. In your case the parent plan should probably just be a free lifetime plan with 3 exclusive child plans with your different duration's and prices. We've 3 prices and duration's for our Professional plan and they're just 3 top level exclusive plans with their styling (to make them stack) entirely done with CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• some1new
  • some1new
7 years 3 months ago #291037 by some1new
So it's not possible to have a priced parent plan and additional childs with higher prices at once?

Tried to set up a parent for 99 EUR and additional childs with 199 249 f.e.

choosing the child always adds the parent price to it instead of only updating to the new price.

Is this regular behavior?
Do I always need a free parent to calculate correctly?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #291059 by krileon
You can have a priced parent plan, but again you can not buy the child plan without the parent plan. This is normal behavior. If you want the child plans to be optional then ensure they're marked as non-exclusive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• some1new
  • some1new
7 years 3 months ago #291080 by some1new
So f.e. wht's best solution for the following pricing module?

100 USD/monthly or
500 USD/ half yearly or
800 USD/yearly

subscription?

Be aware I need two of this kind of setups for different contents/products. So on lets's say access content A and content B.

I'm not really sure how to handle that the easiest way with cbsubs.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #291086 by krileon
Same way we do with Professional plan. Make 3 plans and make them exclusive. They can only ever subscribe to one of them if they're exclusive. You don't need a parent plan for this, but you can use one if you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon