Payment gateway exit failure

7 years 1 month ago #292136 by JerryK132
Payment gateway exit failure was created by JerryK132
We have a very strange problem. It seems to affect renewals and upgrades in particular. Certainly new signups don’t seem to be affected.

The problem occurs after a PayPal payment has been completed, when the page does not return to the calling Joomla page. It goes back to the calling page (still logged in) displaying the message: "You are not authorized to view this page! No Result." Screen dump attached. The status of the order is that a payment is pending and not made, but PayPal thinks (correctly) that the payment has been made and sends a confirmation mail to that effect. Membership is NOT subscribed.

My take on this is that the PP payment gateway is not returning the right response to CB-Subs after processing the payment.

I have no idea why this is happening but it may be to do with how the user invokes the subscription. I am wondering if the problem has something to do with the state when we pay. In one case we use the signup url in a logged out state and in the other we are logged in and use “Manage my subscription” menu item to start the process. Menu item access is “Registered” whereas Signup menu item is guest…

Also that menu item points to”index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userdetails” instead of “index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans” (from cbsubs plugin disp/plan settings). This may invoke a different/separate process.

Problem does not occur with an offline payment although the process returns to the click to payment screen after payment. This effectively invites the user to try and pay again, although there is no published error.

This is preventing users from renewing.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #292143 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Payment gateway exit failure
If you've any Joomla menu items to CB or CBSubs please ensure they've the correct menu type. For CBSubs the menutype should be Community Builder > Plugin with CB Paid Subscriptions selected as the plugin. You should also have a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page (this is mandatory, but does not have to be displayed on a menu module). Seams to be an access permission problem, which could be the result of a routing problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn