Error Message

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #292655 by cc0623
Replied by cc0623 on topic Error Message
So, I followed your instructions. I added a higher user group "Registered Club Member" and changed all the viewing access for the members to this. I changed all menus, contents, categories, articles and modules to correspond to the viewing level.

An exhibitor ("registered" access) still cannot complete the registration form as the same error message is still showing. Now when an exhibitor submits a registration form it redirects the form with error message to the member profile page which they should not be allowed to view. A subscription is not completed for them.

I checked the login module and removed any redirects from it hoping to force the redirects in the plans to redirect to the right landing pages. The registered Club Member does redirect correctly to the Profile Page. So I am completely stumped.

PARTIALLY RESOLVED:
Since I could not figure out how to force the login to redirect the Registered User to a different landing page than Registered Club Members, I directed the Login module to send any user that logs in to a landing page and then set the navigation links to the rest of the site to only show based on the users access privileges.

The registration form for the registered user for plan #2 is not processing correctly I still get the original error message that started this post out. A subscription is not created for the user attempting to register.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #292660 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error Message
A user with a free plan is still a user. Meaning they still have a profile they can access, etc.. You control what they can access using your new usergroup and its view access level as needed. So for example if you've a tab you don't want them to see then be sure to set the tab to your new view access level. This should apply all throughout Joomla as well.

Regarding a custom login redirect based off their subscription you can control that directly in your CBSubs plans. First edit all your CB login modules and empty the login redirect. Next in CB > Configuration > Registration empty the first time login redirect unless you want to send everyone to the same page for first login. Now edit your CBSubs plan and under the Workflows tab adjust the "CB Login workflows" parameters as needed.

The registration form for the registered user for plan #2 is not processing correctly I still get the original error message that started this post out. A subscription is not created for the user attempting to register.

I'm guessing you've an ACL configuration issue somewhere in the attempt to basically lock out a free user as a guest user (which can't work as per Joomla permissions). Both of your plans should have "Visible for Access Level" and "Visible for Group (and above this group)" under the Access tab set to Public to ensure access. The Subscription tab within CB > Tab Management should also be set to Public. Finally CB Paid Subscriptions it self in CB > Plugin Management should also be set to Public. If still not working please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds