CB Profile URL

7 years 1 month ago #292713 by Andromeda57
CB Profile URL was created by Andromeda57
Hey guys,

we have 2 questions to the cb profile urls...

1. Is it possible to change the name ".../cb-profile/..." to another one like ".../community/..." ?

2. In the profile the user sees own profile url like www.domain.com/cb-profile/154854-username. If the user wants to change the url to www.domain.com/cb-profile/username, cb says that the url is already in use. But it leads to own profile, too? So both ways go to the profile, but no way to show the better url (without numbers) in the profile to other members?

Thanks

Tobias

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #292724 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Profile URL

1. Is it possible to change the name ".../cb-profile/..." to another one like ".../community/..." ?

Yup, that's the alias for your Joomla menu item to CBs profile page. You're welcome to change the alias to whatever you like.

2. In the profile the user sees own profile url like www.domain.com/cb-profile/154854-username . If the user wants to change the url to www.domain.com/cb-profile/username , cb says that the url is already in use. But it leads to own profile, too? So both ways go to the profile, but no way to show the better url (without numbers) in the profile to other members?

Their username is not alias safe. That means when it's converted to alias safe using Joomlas alias function it no longer matches what their username is. This results in the user id being prefixed otherwise it will not be possible to properly match them in the database query to find their user id. Their profile url can not match anyone's username (including their own) or anyone else profile url.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds