Groupjive - links in group notification emails no longer working

7 years 1 month ago #292767 by ospaorg
Hello,

The links in my group notification emails are no longer working. I did upgrade to GJ 3.1 recently. When I create a group event in a group that was in existence before the upgrade, I get the "Uncategorized, There are no groups available in this category." notification when I click on the group or event link in the notification email; here is a sample link from the problematic notification email:

www.xxxx/index.php/groupjive/1-ospa-committees/1-technology-committee

I just created a brand new group (did not create any menu items for the group) and created an event; links in the notification email seem to be working properly:

www.xxxx/index.php/members/ospa-committees/1-ospa-committees/23-test-committee

I did have to recreate some menu items after the upgrade and assume I need to do something for each group but am unsure where to do this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Joomla: 3.6.5
CB: 2.1.2+build.2017.02.08.01.14.28.ec3d63d1f
Groupjive: 3.1.0+2016.12.30.02.26.01.cbcb82a7d

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #292779 by krileon
Strange, shouldn't if the group is new or not. GJ 3.1.1 was recently released making some minor fixes to the SEF routing that may fix your issue. Do you have a Joomla menu item to groupsjive all categories or all groups page? A menu link to at least one of those pages is recommended as it'll be used for SEF. Looks like your second URL is using CBs profile menu item as the menu alias in it is "members".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #292863 by ospaorg
I updated to GJ plug_cbgroupjive_3.1.1+2017.03.31.03.38.09.9dd4a097a with same results and having same issues (tested using a sample "event").

I do have a submenu item (under parent level menu item "Members") for Menu Item Type = Plugin, Plugin = CB Groupjive, Action = All Groups

I also noticed I have the plugin CB GroupJive en-GB 2.7.0 installed and published. Do I still need this or should it be updated?

7 years 1 month ago #292873 by krileon
Strange seams to be working fine in my tests with the resulting URL being as follows.

/community/1-category-001/10-group-010?tab=grouptabevents

Is the group that's not working properly in a category that's accessible to the viewing user? Is the menu item accessible to them?

I also noticed I have the plugin CB GroupJive en-GB 2.7.0 installed and published. Do I still need this or should it be updated?

No, you don't need that anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #292894 by ospaorg
Yes, the category and menu item was accessible to the visiting user...I even set them all to Public with the same result. BUT, I think I figured out the problem. I visited the Joomla menu manager and saw that in addition to Main Menu, there were separate menus for Community Builder and Groupjive. I went into the Community Builder menu and regenerated the Community Builder/Groupjive menu item to: Menu Item Type = Plugin, Plugin = CB Groupjive, Action = All Groups and the problem went away.

I do not recall creating the Community Builder and Groupjive menus (I usually just use the Main menu). Do I need to maintain these menus or are they vestiges of previous versions that should be uninstalled?

7 years 1 month ago #292904 by krileon

I do not recall creating the Community Builder and Groupjive menus (I usually just use the Main menu). Do I need to maintain these menus or are they vestiges of previous versions that should be uninstalled?

CB creates its menu items on first install to ensure their Itemids will exist. GJ did at some point, but does not anymore. You can delete them and replace them with your own as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn