Confirmation Emails Are Not Received

7 years 1 month ago #292944 by ernienet
Confirmation Emails Are Not Received was created by ernienet
Customers registering at some of my client sites are not receiving the confirmation email.

I believe I have it set up correctly because the test email in Joomla Global Configuration works, AcyMailing works, and DT Register works. I've also checked to be sure I have email set up correctly in cPanel.

I tried a different site this morning and it sent an email, but it took almost an hour to be received. The Joomla, AcyMailing and DT Register emails all came in almost instantly.

Is there something obvious I missed in setting up CB on this site?

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #292950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Confirmation Emails Are Not Received
Joomla mailer falls back to phpmailer if it fails. So if you're using SMTP and it fails it'll silently fallback to phpmailer, which might work. CB does not do this and instead errors. Try emailing your self within CB > User Management by selecting your users checkbox then clicking mass mailer to see if emails from CB are working in general or sending in a timely manner.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #292953 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Confirmation Emails Are Not Received
I tried Mass Mailer and it failed:

Error sending email: SMTP connect() failed. github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

I'm using SMTP with the customer's domain email address.

Oddly, I have several other sites set up with SMTP. I tested one, and it quickly sent the email to me.

I changed to PHP Mail and it worked.

But for future reference, what might be the reason SMTP didn't work for this site but worked for the other site?

Thank you,
Ernie

7 years 1 month ago #292969 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Confirmation Emails Are Not Received
Most likely you've a domain mismatch with the SMTP host and its SSL certificate, it could also be a domain mismatch from the senders email address compared to the SMTP host, or it could be the credentials are invalid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn