CB fields not updated in DB after Registration

7 years 1 month ago #293123 by osmodels
Hi

I noticed the following issue since yesterday. It had been working fine till then.

1) After a user completes registration, the fields in one particular are not getting populated in the DB. The user enters the fields and signs up, but I checked in User Management and also the db, the fields are populated as NULL.

2) Also I have been have the Session Expired issue during registration preventing users from registering. My Joomla cache is disabled. I tried all the solutions suggested for previous versions as well.

3) In the subscription plan email triggers, I have added the [PASSWORD] field to be sent. But this is not populated and the content "[PASSWORD]" is sent as it is. Can you tell me how to send the password?

My site configuration is as follows:

Joomla! 3.6.5 Stable
PHP 5.6.30
CB 2.1.2
CBSubs 4.1.0+build.2017.04.04.18.52.26.449be6714

Please help me resolve the above issues.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #293129 by krileon

1) After a user completes registration, the fields in one particular are not getting populated in the DB. The user enters the fields and signs up, but I checked in User Management and also the db, the fields are populated as NULL.

Are you conditioning the field with CB Conditional? If so disable the conditions and see if issue persists. Note a field can only be conditioned once. Conditioning a field multiple times will cause a conflict between those conditions.

2) Also I have been have the Session Expired issue during registration preventing users from registering. My Joomla cache is disabled. I tried all the solutions suggested for previous versions as well.

Only real reason for this is a caching issue unless you've cookies completely blocked and disabled maybe.

3) In the subscription plan email triggers, I have added the [PASSWORD] field to be sent. But this is not populated and the content "[PASSWORD]" is sent as it is. Can you tell me how to send the password?

You can not send the password in that email. It is only valid in the Pending registration email within CB > Configuration > Registration. Even then it won't work if the pending email isn't sent immediately upon registration. However sending password in email is against modern security standards and do not recommend trying to email passwords unless you're using randomly generated passwords.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #293150 by osmodels
Replied by osmodels on topic CB fields not updated in DB after Registration

Are you conditioning the field with CB Conditional? If so disable the conditions and see if issue persists. Note a field can only be conditioned once. Conditioning a field multiple times will cause a conflict between those conditions.

Yes for this tab, I had added a second condition in the CB Conditional Tab. When I removed the condition the db was getting updated. Thanks.

Quick question: In integrations, the CB conditional has tabs numbered 1, 2, 3 etc. Is there any particular order in which the conditions are applied?

Only real reason for this is a caching issue unless you've cookies completely blocked and disabled maybe.

Yes, clearing the cache works. But the issue is getting the customers to do it.

You can not send the password in that email. It is only valid in the Pending registration email within CB > Configuration > Registration. Even then it won't work if the pending email isn't sent immediately upon registration. However sending password in email is against modern security standards and do not recommend trying to email passwords unless you're using randomly generated passwords.

I have overrided the following parameter to send the password. YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_MESSAGE

Greetings [NAME],
Thank you for signing up with us. We have
received your request and we will process it.\n
Once your account confirmed our moderators will be
notified to continue the activation process.\n
You will be notified by email of the progress of your sign up process.\n
[EMAIL]\n
[PASSWORD]\n\n

Kind Regards,
IIA India Admin

I received only the following message. The password is not sent and the \n are not updated.

Greetings TEST TEST, Thank you for signing up with us. We have received your request and we will process it. Once your account confirmed our moderators will be notified to continue the activation process. You will be notified by email of the progress of your sign up process. oswsmedia@gmail.com [PASSWORD] Kind Regards, IIA India Admin NOTE: This email was automatically generated from IIA (iiaindia.org).

The registration approved message YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_MESSAGE also is not sending the password. I used the [DETAILS] substitution to send the password. It only sends name and email id.

The members set their own passwords during registration. Many tend to forget. An email with these details could help them.

Can you tell me how this could be sent?

Thanks for your prompt and helpful responses.

7 years 1 month ago #293163 by krileon

Quick question: In integrations, the CB conditional has tabs numbered 1, 2, 3 etc. Is there any particular order in which the conditions are applied?

The last condition applied to a tab or field is the only relevant condition. Those before it are likely to be ignored.

Yes, clearing the cache works. But the issue is getting the customers to do it.

Clearing which cache? Joomlas?

the \n are not updated.

If you've HTML emails enabled you need to use HTML. So a HTML linebreak with <br /> or a paragraph <p>CONTENT_HERE</p>.

The registration approved message YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_MESSAGE also is not sending the password. I used the [DETAILS] substitution to send the password. It only sends name and email id.

[details] won't include password anymore unless using generated passwords, but [password] should work fine assuming a plaintext password is even available at the time of that email. If using CBSubs you need to ensure you set confirmation or approval to happen before payment under the workflows tab of your plans otherwise the email sends too late.

The members set their own passwords during registration. Many tend to forget. An email with these details could help them.

I do not suggest sending plain text password in their registration emails then. If they forget they can use forgot login process, which will send them a new randomly generated password (that they should promptly change).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: osmodels

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn