[SOLVED] Not sure how I did this...

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #293186 by ernienet
[SOLVED] Not sure how I did this... was created by ernienet
Somehow, after enabling the Community Builder Admin Menu (1.9.1), it became extended and I can't retract it. It covers up the pages so I can't do anything on the site.

This is one of the sites I have not upgraded to CB 2x yet.

How can I disable this? I can't access it from the Modules -> Administrator because the extended menu is covering up that part of the page.

Thank you,
Ernie
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #293188 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Not sure how I did this...
I updated to 2.1.2 hoping it might clear this up, but unfortunately, it did not.

I updated several sites today, adding the Admin modules for showing updates and adding the CB menu. Some are 1.9.1 and some are 2.1.2, and some also have CBSubs 4.1 installed.

I just need to get past this (and understand how I did it), and get it fixed.

Thank you,
Ernie

7 years 1 month ago #293192 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Not sure how I did this...
You can disable the module entirely by going to Extensions > Manage > Manage or renaming the below folder.

/administrator/modules/mod_cbadmin

My guess is its "Display Mode" parameter isn't set to "Drop-Down Menu".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #293204 by ernienet
Thanks for pointing me to the folder - that's what I needed to know.

It seems that "Show Title" was the culprit.

Thanks,
Ernie
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 7 months ago #297841 by ernienet
Unfortunately, I don't recall exactly what it was I edited to fix this after the upgrade - I thought it was the mod_cbadmin.xml file, but I'm not sure exactly what I did when I edited it (or on which site I did this) last May.

I have three remaining sites still running CB 1.9.1, and I had forgotten about this little glitch that happens when I update to 2.x. Now I can't do much because the CB menu covers up most of the page.

Keep in mind, I didn't have a CB menu set up in the Administrator to start with, so I don't know why the update to 2.x enables it AND has it set to display like this instead of as a drop-down like the rest of the menus.

If you can give me a bit more specifics as to which file to edit under /administrator/modules/mod_cbadmin/, and what to change, I'll be sure I take care of it on the remaining sites so I won't get crippled like this again (all my sites will be done, but I may get hired to fix other sites in the future).

Thank you,
Ernie

6 years 7 months ago #297842 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Not sure how I did this...
Just delete the mod_cbadmin folder in /administrator/modules. The module will be reinstalled when you install CB 2.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn