Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Error in front end user profile after update CB activity 3.0.1 to 4.0.0

• ospaorg
  • ospaorg
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #293367 by ospaorg
Hello,
I recently updated CB activity 3.0.1 to 4.0.0 and get the following error on the front end profile (index.php/my-account) after the update. When I unpublish the upgraded CB activity, the error ( and Activity tab) disappear. Error persists when I temporarily unpublish Auto Actions and Groupjive.

Joomla! 3.6.5
CB 2.1.2+build.2017.04.14.15.08.41.3bf553c4c
CB Activity 4.0.0+build.2017.04.14.01.24.45.71cdc5bcb
CB Auto Actions 6.3.6+build.2017.04.08.00.37.43.9678ab7b1
CB GroupJive 3.1.1+build.2017.04.13.12.40.36.a878f289a

Error:
Error: 1267 - Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'like' SQL=SELECT COUNT( a.`id` ) FROM `#__comprofiler_plugin_activity` AS a LEFT JOIN `#__comprofiler` AS cb ON cb.`id` = a.`user_id` LEFT JOIN `#__users` AS j ON j.`id` = cb.`id` LEFT JOIN `#__comprofiler_plugin_activity_hidden` AS b ON b.`user_id` = xxxx AND ( ( b.`type` = 'activity' AND b.`item` = a.`id` ) OR ( b.`type` = 'activity.asset' AND b.`item` = a.`asset` ) OR ( b.`type` = 'activity.user' AND b.`item` = a.`user_id` ) ) LEFT JOIN `#__comprofiler_plugin_activity_read` AS c ON c.`user_id` = xxxx AND a.`asset` LIKE CONCAT( c.`asset`, '%' ) AND c.`date` >= a.`date` WHERE cb.`approved` = 1 AND cb.`confirmed` = 1 AND j.`block` = 0 AND a.`asset` LIKE 'notification.xxxx%' AND b.`id` IS NULL AND c.`id` IS NULL AND ( ( a.`asset` LIKE 'groupjive.group.%' AND ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `#__groupjive_groups` AS gj_g LEFT JOIN `#__groupjive_categories` AS gj_c ON gj_c.`id` = gj_g.`category` LEFT JOIN `#__groupjive_users` AS gj_u ON gj_u.`user_id` = xxxx AND gj_u.`group` = gj_g.`id` LEFT JOIN `#__groupjive_invites` AS gj_i ON gj_i.`group` = gj_g.`id` AND gj_i.`accepted` = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' AND ( ( gj_i.`email` = 'xxxx@xxxxxx' AND gj_i.`email` != '' ) OR ( gj_i.`user` = xxxx AND gj_i.`user` > 0 ) ) WHERE gj_g.`id` = SUBSTRING_INDEX( REPLACE( REPLACE( a.`asset`, 'notification.groupjive.group.', '' ), 'groupjive.group.', '' ), '.', 1 ) AND ( gj_g.`user_id` = xxxx OR ( gj_g.`published` = 1 AND ( gj_g.`type` IN ( 1, 2 ) OR gj_u.`status` IN ( 0, 1, 2, 3 ) OR gj_i.`id` IS NOT NULL ) ) ) AND ( ( gj_c.`published` = 1 AND gj_c.`access` IN (1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9) ) OR gj_g.`category` = 0 ) ) > 0 ) OR ( a.`asset` NOT LIKE 'groupjive.group.%' ) )
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #293368 by krileon
You've mixed collations in your database. Ensure all database tables are set to 1 collation. Either utf8_general_ci or utf8_unicode_ci should be fine. Believe utf8mb4_unicode_ci is recommended now though. You may want to adjust the default collation for your database within phpmyadmin as well to avoid this from happening in the future.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ospaorg

• ospaorg
  • ospaorg
7 years 1 month ago #293400 by ospaorg
Thank you, that worked. I updated collations to utf8mb4_general_ci (via Akeeba Admin Tools) and all seems to be working well. I see where this collation may be necessary for multibyte characters like emojis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon