Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Deactivate Free User After 365 Days

• highonryan
  • highonryan
7 years 2 weeks ago #293714 by highonryan
Deactivate Free User After 365 Days was created by highonryan
Hello,

I have a website where I have free "lifetime" memberships and several subscription plans.

If a user subscribes to a fixed-time subscription (1, 2 or 3 years), they are also added to the free lifetime membership. So when their subscription ends, they can still log into certain aspects of the site.

Is there a way for every 365 days, a free lifetime member (either a user who just registered as free, or an expired subscriber) would need to re-activate their account?

Is there an auto action, or activity where after 365 of not logging in, their account become deactivated, an email will be sent to have them reactivate their account, like when they originally sign up?

Basically, I want to make sure their emails are up-to-date and are still being checked. We've have people who signed up years ago, and haven't visited, and we want to make sure they still get our emails, and may take action if reminded.

I have tried other components (RegReminder), and they send reminder emails fine, but they will not deactivate the account, and force the user to reactivate their email.

I have a free lifetime account, because I couldn't figure out how to have a one year free subscription, that would be signed up automatically and in conjunction with a paid membership.

Does this question make sense, or so I need to explain further?

Thanks,
HighOnRyan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 weeks ago #293718 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Deactivate Free User After 365 Days
You can give and/or take away a subscription when they subscribe to or expire from another subscription using CB Auto Actions. The below usage specifically can do this.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Not Equal To A

In your case you'd use a CB Paid Subscriptions action and can then add or remove subscriptions to whatever plans you like.

I'm not so sure this is the best approach to your needs if all you want to do is ensure their emails are still valid. You could use AcyMailing and automatically subscribe them to a newsletter on registration then send out newsletters now and again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• highonryan
  • highonryan
7 years 2 weeks ago #293743 by highonryan
Replied by highonryan on topic Deactivate Free User After 365 Days
I'm not sure I asked the question correctly.

Is there a way to have free registered users need to re-activate their email after 365 days.

So, user registers as a free member, they get the confirmation email to activate their account. Then in 365 days after their first login, their account goes from "Confirmed" to not confirmed, and they will get a new activation email sent to them.

Then they click that new activation email, and their account is confirmed again. This would repeat every 365 days.

Does that make sense?

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #293752 by krileon
There's no functionality to force them to reconfirm their email like that. I guess you could filter CB > User Management once a year and unconfirm then resend confirmation manually. You can of course code it using a Code action in CB Auto Actions using the above trigger usages though. I suggest just setting your free plan to a 1 year duration and having an email send when it expires. Otherwise I don't really understand the need for what you're trying to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by krileon.

• highonryan
  • highonryan
7 years 2 weeks ago #293780 by highonryan
Replied by highonryan on topic Deactivate Free User After 365 Days
Hi krileon,

To be honest with you, I don't really understand it either, but that is what my client wants, and I can't talk her out of it, unless I prove it's impossible. She is obsessed with making sure people who signed up for her old site since 2002 are still using their sign up email. Her website has 66,000 registered users, and most of them haven't used the site in years. It's really confusing, and I think pointless. I may have to talk her into something else.

But in doing due diligence, I keep on trying to figure out a solution.

I will also try an AutoAction to unconfirm everyone who hasn't logged in for 1 year, then trigger a reconfirm email.

But another scenario is:

I have four pay subscription options, I also have my CBSubs settings for "Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans" and "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" both set to yes.

I did that so when the pay subscription expires, the user still has some access to the site.

If I create a one year free subscription, can I have the paying subscriber drop to the free subscription when the paid subscriptions expires? Then they will get one year as a free subscriber?

Sorry for the confusing questions, and thank you for your patience and being willing to help. I really appreciate that.

Thanks,
HighOnRyan

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 weeks ago #293784 by krileon
I mean it sounds like this is a need for a 1 time thing based off the request from your client. I would just filter CB > User Management, unconfirm them, and resend confirmation. Can't see a need for this in the long run.

Aside from that you could just try to reach out to those users using CBSubs Mailer. Using the below you'd be able to send an email to anyone who has logged in for over a year.

Automatically send message at following date: 1 year after
Relative to this date of the plans below: Member's Last Online Date
Maximum messages per customer (0=unlimited): 1

That should send 1 email to any user that hasn't logged in within the last year or more.

If I create a one year free subscription, can I have the paying subscriber drop to the free subscription when the paid subscriptions expires? Then they will get one year as a free subscriber?

You'd probably remove the free 1 year plan when they become an active subscriber and when their paid subscription expires you'd put them back on the free 1 year plan. This should be doable with 2 auto actions using the Plan Active and Plan Expire usages above.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon